Team 1 - Odiare (All Purpose Warrior)

Apply here for BYTM.
shank
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Team 1 - Odiare (All Purpose Warrior)

Postby shank » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:49 am

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Odiare - Warrior (ALL purpose) Gearing gives a mainspec judgement of arms, but geared and proficient in prot and fury as well.

Armory Link -
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... e/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

A vast majority of my theorycrafting is done simply with friends that i have in the guild <Something Wicked> on Whisperwind-US, as for statweights for reforging, i either obtain them from said source, or look at EJ. As far as tanking improvement is concerned, i do it on the fly. after every attempt, or sometimes even mid attempt, ill tend to revise a macro for faster targeting, develop a more fluid path for movement, view streamed logs to see when dmg spikes are going out to adjust cd's, etc.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I'm Raid minded. Any spec, anytime. I have no preference to what *Role* i play. At the moment, if i was asked to go fury for a fight, id be concerned though(unless tendon dps needs to be buffed).

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

8/8 Heroic DS, 6/8H on warrior, with warrior experience both dpsing spine, as well as being Addtank.

I have no intention of hiding my main, Odisti (Human DK - GM of <HBTN>. At this point in the expansion, with DS cleared, and simply farming mounts, i get a little bored in regard to my Raiding fixation. :P I'm looking for something to do on my warrior for the remainder of this patch, as well as to help another guild on Skywall Finish the expansion strong.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I raided HARDCORE in TBC. (Sunwell Cleared Pre-patch, Vials of Eternity, etc.) In fact, the raiding atmosphere i was in was so intense that it burned me out rather quickly, causing me to quit WoW marking the release of patch 3.0.

8/8H DS currently, Cleared normal DS first week of release. (server 2nd on both)

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ull1halusmuxzt7h/sum/damageDone/?s=6226&e=6515 - Ultraxion *Standstill DPS example*

Unfortunately, i have no logs of our first H Blackhorn kill. (where i was Prot)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nO4nMhwTws - How AWESOME heroic Zon'ozz is for an arms warrior :D **This should also be sufficient enough to cover at least a portion of the UI/addon question below**

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Enchanting/LW - 525
I would be willing to switch them if absolutely necessary, but i doubt that will be a problem. Bonuses are satisfied from both.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes. Being a Raid leader as well as a guild leader, i know how painful this subject is. My raid attendance will be Perfect, so long as giving Long notice prior to a rainy day counts as well.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I'm PST (Southern California, Very low ping, barring the occasional ISP derpfest)

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

I Raided hardcore in a guild called <Sons of Gabriel> in TBC, quit upon the release of patch 3.0, only to return about 2/3 of the way through ICC. Upon my return to WoW, I decided that i hated my warlock, and that i wanted to go melee this time, so i leveled my DK, and i was slotted for the MT spot in <Sacred Samophlange> for tier 11 25mans.

As you may know, the 25man raiding scene here on skywall took a turn for the worst, and when our 25man in SS took a shit, i decided to Charter Hallowed. The few guilds i have been in have always been progression oriented, and after TBC, a hint of Casual too :)

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

hehe, of course!

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I want to see this guild Finish strong!

I would also like to sort of "hide out" so to speak, away from guild whispers, trade politics, etc :P

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

Lack of respect for raid leaders. Doing the job is a pain in the ass, especially if youd like to Progress in a timely manner. in fact, often times it feels like a supervisor/babysitting job, that youre not getting paid for!

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

One of your former members is a RL friend of mine, and i tanked alongside him in SS. (Rarespawn) Im not quite sure how he sits in your eyes, since his transfer to Illidan and whatnot, but the guy tends to be rather insatiable to say the least. Before he left skywall, he said to me, in regards to <BYTM>: "This was the closest ive come to a sammie/DRT raiding experience in a while, its fun as shit to raid with these guys."

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Absolutely.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

Experience, insight, raid mentality
I'd love to be a part of your Heroic DS clear. At this point, im simply looking for a time/place to just be a raider: no gm whispers, no drama, no worries about attendance, no recruiting, just simply raiding and having a good time.

This is kind of exciting actually, i havent filled out an app in a LONG time, definitely not something ive missed, but kind of refreshing.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

My wife (who was a Dog trainer at Petco for the better part of her college education) says that it would simply be called "Impossible".

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

Mid 20's, I work in Education. (ironically, it gives me a LOT of time to play wow.) Along with the fact that my Wife also plays wow, and raids in our progression group in hallowed. *Mariface - Firemage*

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

My UI is seen in action in the video i linked in Question #6.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z291 ... 204839.jpg

As far as addons, i use less than 10, less than 7 in combat. they are as follows:
MagicRune
Recount
Omen (YES i still use it)
ElvUI package **this is a complete UI replacement** (tukui.org)
Postal
Auctionator
Atlasloot
BigWigs

It truly has been a pleasure filling out this app. I hope that you guys enjoy it as much as i have.

ALSO, I'd like to add how fucking awesome those little cartoony avatars are on the main page, as well as how much i HAVE TO HAVE ONE. :)

Buik
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Team 1 - Odiare (All Purpose Warrior)

Postby Buik » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks for posting. Your app has been moved to a private part of the forums for our members to discuss. There might be some comments or some such other nonsense here once people get a chance to have a look. Check back here if you don't mind. Have a good one.

Hana

Postby Hana » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Odiare,

Love to see another Skywallian. :) As Buik said, we'll get back to you in a bit. We generally make a consensus in a day or two, and since tonight's a raid night it'll be easier to prod the slowpokes for their opinions. Rarespawn was in a different group than the one you're applying too (he raided with the W/T group), but from my understanding he was a stand-up guy and eventually had to leave due to a change in his work schedule.

The open position is prot, though it doesn't sound like you have a problem with that (I love the all purpose warrior tag), and you'll likely dps the fights that are single-tanked, at least until you see how we usually do our fights in case they're different from how you did it in HBTN.

Hana
GM of BYTM
Retired GM, Vent Admin, and Lazy Moonkin

shank

Postby shank » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:24 pm

you guys are very sexy. :)

Hana

Postby Hana » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Haha! Now I recognize you. You're the guy who's always been posting the sexy comments in our recruitment thread. Thanks for all the bumps. :)

One question came up in our private discussion. While we very much want to finish this expansion strong, we are also asking any new recruits what their plans are for MoP. Would you be interested in staying past the end of DS or is this going to be a temporary thing?
Retired GM, Vent Admin, and Lazy Moonkin

shank

Postby shank » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:08 pm

TBH, your 2day schedule may be perfect leading into mists as well. Im fairly certain that if the raid environment in this guild remains consistant and fun, that going further than 4.3 shouldnt be a problem.

traditionally, our main 10man in Hallowed raids wed/Fri/Sat, but we're done with saturdays due to how quick DS is clearable, hence opening up my sched for this group. In mists we plan on going either 25man progression (with a full weekday sched, or revising our 10m so it doesnt raid on weekends.

We do have other groups in guild, but i prefer to leave the reign of those to others. for some reason raid leading several groups that are progression minded is a huge pain in the ass/poachfest :/.

Do not be mistaken, my priority week 1 of mists will def be with whatever toon is my main in Hallowed, as far as leveling and gearing, but im known to operate VERY quickly, and i can safely assume that my warrior will be 90 and raid-rdy week 1 as well.

Hana/Ugly will always have full disclosure from me, and will always know ahead of time what ill be doing in regards to juggling the two raid groups.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

I think you have us confused with the other sexy people. But I like you anyway :)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

shank

Postby shank » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Armory updated to show prot spec/gearing, with full CTC cap, as well as 4pc, and all that jazz :)

Valiea

Postby Valiea » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Is it possible we could trial him tonight? Assuming we have enough strong people could we do heroic spine tonight with him here?

Dashes

Postby Dashes » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:42 pm

I think you posted in the wrong thread Val

Return to “Guild Applications”