Sample App: Group 1 - Hana - Balance Druid

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Buik
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sample App: Group 1 - Hana - Balance Druid

Postby Buik » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 am

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I am a main spec Balance Druid, with a Feral (Bear) off-spec. I have raid-ready off-sets for Bear and Resto and have played both specs post-Cata. I have raided as a Feral (Cat) before, but haven't since WotLK.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... a/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

Aside from Elitist Jerks I'm a reader of Grey Matter (a moonkin blog even Blizzard staffers read) and Murmurs/Tyler Caraway, WoW Insider's moonkin columnist. I occasionally drop by the Moonkin Repository for clarification. For my off-specs I rely on the Inconspicuous Bear and Tree Bark Jacket bloggers (the latter of whom runs RestoDruid.info). I also look at ThinkTank as a secondary sounding board for bear tanking.

I used to use Rawr for gear selection, but now that gear is more limited than it was in ICC, I'm more likely to use Ask. Mr. Robot or eyeball the numbers on my own since reforging allows the redistribution of secondary stats.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I am first an foremost a moonkin, but I'm willing to tank or heal on a fill-in basis. I prefer tanking to healing. Though I think I'm a competent resto druid, I don't get the same satisfaction I do from dps or tanking. I'd be willing to spec specifically for a certain fight.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

As of the end of Tier 11 content I am 6/13 Heroic. Downed heroic bosses are Magmaw, Chimaeron, Atramedes, Maloriak, Halfus, and V&T.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I cleared Zul-Aman in a Kara-geared 10-man guild back in TBC. Doing it without 25-man gear was an accomplishment and we were the second Horde guild on the server to clear it at all. I also earned Glory of the Icecrown Raider when ICC was content.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

Here is the kill log from Heroic Maloriak. I had the highest damage done on adds, since add slaying is of critical importance on this fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ovl9 ... 34&e=11316

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

I am a max Leatherworker and Skinner. They were chosen because one compliments the other. While Skinning is not a particular raid worthy profession, there is only one other regularly played skinner in guild so it is not a profession the guild has an overabundance of and I will often provide skins and scales for guildies if they need.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yep. I generally will make all raid nights unless there is a major real life commitment I have to attend to. (For instance I had to attend a wedding a few weeks ago.) Otherwise I expect to have the appropriate evenings free to raid.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I'm on Pacific time and yes, I know Skywall is a Pacific server. It's one of the reasons I like it.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

My most noteworthy guilds were Bloodlüst in TBC and Oporotheca in WotLK, both progression 25-man raid guilds. I'm not much of a guild hopper and tend to stay until my guild implodes, which both of those did when their GMs quit the game.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

Seeing as this is a sample app, yes, I'm guilded! If I was to apply somewhere else though, I would certainly let my guild leader know I was looking. I'm not the sort of person who would disappear without saying good-bye, and I've been fortunate to have never had a beef with any of my previous GMs. You never know when you'll run into someone again, so it's better to build bridges than burn them.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I expect to raid with a group of accomplished people who are willing to put in the effort to do progression raiding while still holding to a casual schedule of two nights a week.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

People who don't show up for raid even though they said they would. People who can't type and use "u" and "ur" instead of "you" and "your." It's like... does it really take that much effort to add a couple more letters? It makes me feel like I'm talking to a cave man.

I also dislike it when guildies openly belittle one another. It's one thing to offer constructive criticism. It's another when someone tells the other player that their problem is that they need to l2play.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I know just about everyone since this is a sample app. I know them because they applied or came with me from my last guild.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I love forums. Depending on the conversation I might not always have something to say, but I stop by almost every day.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I have good attendance, I read strats, and consider myself to be a responsible raider. I have experience as a raid leader and have as a tank, healer, and dps all in same raid tier.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Nope, it'd be way too furry.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm 33 and I work in the video game industry. In my spare time I'm a freelance writer which brings in a little extra income I'd never turn down. I used to be a console gamer prior to getting involved in WoW and I have a huge backlog of RPGs I still hope to get to someday. I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins when I'm not in WoW. I'm also big Shadow Hearts and Shin Megami Tensei fan. The upcoming Devil Survivor 2 is very high on my want list.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

[for the moment, pretend a screenshot is here since the GM edited this at work without access to her screenshots]

My primary add-ons are Balance Power Tracker, Need to Know, and Power Auras, with the obligatory DBM and Omen. I use Grid both as a range-checker and for healing.

Return to “Guild Applications”