S/M - Madoros - Marks and Survival Hunter.

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Madoros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

S/M - Madoros - Marks and Survival Hunter.

Postby Madoros » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:20 am

1) Please list your class and main spec (including any off-spec information that may be relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with (be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec).

I'm mainly a marks hunter, but i can play both BM and Survival. I prefer marksman, and i feel most comfortable in it, but i am pretty flexible and can dish out equal damage in survival. My BM damage is lesser if i remember correctly. Here is my armory link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ros/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better, where do you go to get this information?

If i want to look at generalized information on my spec or my talents, i go to Icyveins. When i want to look at other hunters and their damage breakdown, their rotation and their overall damage and compare mine, i go to Warcraft Logs.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

As i am a hunter, the odds of me going healer or tank are a little low, but i am fully available to switch specs at a moments notice and am happy to do so. My other horde characters are either not 100, or have garbage gear, so i may not be able to supply a healer or tank instantly if i get added.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I was in Praxis for most of this expansion. If you have not heard of them, wouldn't be surprising, while we were active we got the unofficial realm first Imperator, and we're the first of second best guild on Skywall for both Highmaul and Blackrock Foumdry. So i have cleared both Highmaul and BRF on heroic, (might not have killed all BRF bosses on heroic, but i have fought all of them on heroic, missed some raid nights.) I have a long history of raiding in this game, from a little Kara in BC, to heroic ICC with a 6k+ GS to DS to clearing about half of Highmaul and some BRF bosses in mythic.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

As i mentioned earlier, my guild and i got the unoffical realm first for Imp. As you probably know, they removed it upon the release of WoD so i don't actually have hard evidence for it, but we got it. I was apart of the raid team that downed him, and was a core raider for all of their WoD progression, and was one of if not the top dps.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

Here is a link to one of my BRF fights, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... #boss=1713

7) We have a 75% attendance policy. Obviously things come up and we understand that, however we are looking for dependable raiders. Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)?

Yes. I should be able to make every single saturday raid, and 90% of monday raids. Sometimes things come up, and i don't want to say i can make every raid during the week day.

8) Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server? If you are transferring, it may be beneficial to test that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) to ensure that your gameplay will not be lagged.

I'm from Oregon, so my ping is good.

9) What really annoys you in a guild?

Blatant favoritism. That was the downfall of Praxis, the raid leader gave himself the BiS survival trinket, after winning more items than me. I rolled higher than him. When you have such obvious favoritism it is inevitable that the guild will fall apart.

10) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not, but i would recognize the names. I've been on Skywall sense BC, and i see this guild all over the place.

11) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance.

My last guild only made a website a few weeks before it split apart, so I've never really had the chance to visit forums.

12) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our raid team.

I'm a rather mature player who can take criticism, and rarely ever get angry at my team after a wipe or something of that nature.

13) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm 17, i live in Oregon, and I've been playing WoW sense release. Yep. I was 6 when i started. You get to know a game and the inner workings of it when you've been playing it for more than half your life. I play all sorts of games, recently, it's been all about The Witcher 3 and some League of Legends. I'm a HUGE lore nerd, so games with stories get me.

14) Please provide your b.tag to enable our recruitment people to contact you easily (if you uncomfortable providing it in a public forum, feel free to PM it to Uglychick).

My battletag is Sasafras#1849

Uglychick
Admin

Re: S/M - Madoros - Marks and Survival Hunter.

Postby Uglychick » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Madoros

We'd like to talk further with you about the possibility of a trial.

At the moment your gear level is a bit below where we like it to be for the later bosses, which is what we are focusing on, and (on this character at least) it doesn't look like you've done any of the HFC bosses.

We'll try to catch up in game to see what upgrades might be achievable in what time-frame in order to get a trial underway!

Thanks for your app :)

Ugly/Bitter/Bec
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”