Guild app - Stumper - Balance Druid

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stumper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Guild app - Stumper - Balance Druid

Postby Stumper » Tue May 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Hello and good evening! nice to meet you all :) Stumperr-Illidan US here. My buddy (Escuroz-Illidan US) told me to apply. He was speaking with someone from here the other night in regards for a few of us from our guild on Illidan possibly joining and server xfering, if ya like us that is :) Looking to join the Wed/Thurs raid team. I have been playing WoW since half way through BC. I played Vanilla a little bit and to be honest I didn't like it lol. I tried it again about half way through the BC xpac and haven't stopped playing since. I didn't really get into raiding hardcore until Wotlk. My main has always been this toon and I have always been mostly into pve.

As for the app questions, here we go......

1) Please list your class and main spec (including any off-spec information that may be relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with (be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec).

My main spec is Balance, 685 ilvl atm, but I do have a resto offspec. Profs are herb and alch.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... err/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better, where do you go to get this information?

I check many different sites and forums eg icy-viens, noxxic, arena junkies, forums on wow.com and on mmo-champions. I don't rely on one source for info though. I take bits and pieces from different things I read and hear and test it out myself to see what works best. Sometimes ill look for high-end raiders online in main citys and ask questions to get different players opinions on certain things.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

As I said in the first question. I do have a resto offspec. I REALLY REALLY REALLY prefer to play Boomkin though. I have mained Resto in raids in the past but I haven't for a long time. I have not even really played resto much this WoD xpac but if really needed I would be willing to switch and/or help out if needed. I would probably need a few better resto spec'd pieces before healing tbh.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

So far this Xpac there has only been about 4-5 of us from our guild raiding. We usually queue for groups and sometimes make our own group. We have practically been pugging most of this xpac but below is what I have achieved so far

Norm - everything except Blackhand

Heroic - everything except Furnace and Blackhand

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

All of the AotC achievs from MoP

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

Not ATM sorry. Havent used WoL in a long time and Im always resetting recount

7) We have a 75% attendance policy. Obviously things come up and we understand that, however we are looking for dependable raiders. Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)?

Yes definitely. I am very reliable

8) Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server? If you are transferring, it may be beneficial to test that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) to ensure that your gameplay will not be lagged.

Yes I understand. I am EST

9) What really annoys you in a guild?

Not much, I am a pretty quiet humble guy. Takes a lot to get on my nerves. I try and get along with everyone

10) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

No I do not

11) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance.

In guilds that I have been in in the past most have not had there own sites/forums but a couple I have been in have and yes I check them and yes I would be willing to read/check it regularly.

12) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our raid team.

I have been raiding for 7+ years on the same toon so I know my toon very well. I am serious when it comes to raiding but also like to have fun. I enjoy the game to its fullest and follow the lore. I like to get bosses down and preform to the best of my ability. I am reliable and a good person in general :)

13) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

My name is Mike. I am 33 years old from Ontario, Canada. My RL job I manage a financial institution. I don't really play too many other games anymore except stuff on my phone like CoC and Boom Beach. I grew up on Nintendo and Sega lol. My first MMO was WoW. I have played many since eg. Stwor, FFXIV, LoL but WoW has been the only game I have stuck with full-time

14) Please provide your b.tag to enable our recruitment people to contact you easily (if you uncomfortable providing it in a public forum, feel free to PM it to Uglychick).

beatfreak420#1164

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Hope to hear from you/raid with you soon

Lok'tar Ogar

For the Horde

Stumperr

Volladon

Re: Guild app - Stumper - Balance Druid

Postby Volladon » Tue May 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey Stumper,

Thanks for applying! We'll see you tomorrow for raid, best to show up between 6:35-6:45 for invites!

-Vondo
Vondo (bear) / Valkon (mage) / Volladon (priest heals) / Voxon (holy pally) / Voprix (ele shaman)

Stumper

Postby Stumper » Wed May 20, 2015 7:50 am

Awesome thanks. See you tonight

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Wed May 27, 2015 12:59 am

Hi Escuroz, Stumper, Drread and Zarlindra,

Sorry for the absence during your trial, but I am currently in full time training and not able to be at raid for another two weeks :(

Hopefully Shanlarra has added your b.tags to be able to catch you for raid this week, and (after I do a light spring clean of my friends list...) I will hopefully be able to add you reasonably soon and see how things are going. If a request from Prettydemise appears, that will be me :)

Thanks

Ugly/Bitter/Bec

P.S. Shameless copy/paste on all of your apps... I am very tired!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”