Wed/Thurs - Sarayleda - Windwalker Monk

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sarayleda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed/Thurs - Sarayleda - Windwalker Monk

Postby Sarayleda » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Application Questions

1) Please list your class and main spec (including any off-spec information that may be relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with (be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec).

MS: Windwalker Monk
OS: Brewmaster Monk - still working on tanking raids (leveled as tank but switched to DPS for guild when I started raiding)

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better, where do you go to get this information?

I'm currently enjoying SummonStone.com and reading up on all the monk information and bloggers. I also read a lot of warcraftlogs to study what talents top players use, as well as watch the fights to see differing strats... This is not to say that I am a giant knowledge base on all of this, but I do enjoy actively studying my class and the current raids so that I can improve.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I have no problem switching roles, however I have very little experience raid tanking and no experience healing. That being said, I'm always willing to give it a shot as long as I have some guidance. Heh.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I'm currently 10/10H, with only 1 kill on BH and definitely not enough wipes on him.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I was an extreme casual from BC to the beginning of Cata, and then I didn't pick up the game again until about a month before WoD dropped. Therefore, I have pretty much no notable raiding achievements that are not from WoD. (I know, I feel like a Draenor baby... it sucks :P)

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I wish more pugs logged, (my current guild hasn't had a vaguely proper raid since March...), but this is apparently the only log I really have in April. :/

7) We have a 75% attendance policy. Obviously things come up and we understand that, however we are looking for dependable raiders. Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)?

Absolutely! I have no problem with either of the raid times, actually. Barring any family popping into town I'm pretty much free after work, which ends at 4:30-5:00pm PST.

8) Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server? If you are transferring, it may be beneficial to test that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) to ensure that your gameplay will not be lagged.

I'm currently in Arizona playing on a CST server, so a closer ping sounds glorious.

9) What really annoys you in a guild?

Lack of communication and drama. I try to stay as far away from drama as I can. I don't do politics and I don't do cliques. I would much rather be bluntly told things as opposed to having to infer from x, y, & z that I'm supposed to/not supposed to be doing something.

10) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not! Huzzah LFM!

11) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance.

Yes. I'm a big fan of having a forum of a FB account so that there's more communication between the RL and the rest of the guild.

12) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our raid team.

1. I'm a chill mofo that won't cause drama
2. My patience has no end when it comes to wipes and wiping on the same boss all night
3. Monks are made of awesome
4. I bake amazing cookies. :)
5. ...?
6. PROFIT!!!

13) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm an accounting clerk by day and I'm about to hit dual-spec. I'm currently studying web design and physics on the side (they mesh, I swear), but I'm more on the studying long haul with one to two classes per semeseter. Currently on break till fall semester.

I don't really play any other games, but I am often fiddling around in PhotoShop or haunting forums and playing mafia. :x I also enjoy making random pop culture references that typically date me quite well.

14) Please provide your b.tag to enable our recruitment people to contact you easily (if you uncomfortable providing it in a public forum, feel free to PM it to Uglychick).

I welcome all BT friends! :D You can reach me at Hotaru#1822. I'm usually on most nights and weekends, pugging my little heart out.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Wed/Thurs - Sarayleda - Windwalker Monk

Postby Uglychick » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:08 am

Hey there Saraleyda, thanks for your app!

I love both awesomeness AND cookies, so it would be great to have you trial with us :)

Thanks

Ugly/Bitter/Bec
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”