Wed/Thurs - Valruth - Warrior

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Valruth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed/Thurs - Valruth - Warrior

Postby Valruth » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:44 pm

1) Please list your class and main spec (including any off-spec information that may be relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with (be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec).

Main has been tank for years, but recently switched to dps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... uth/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better, where do you go to get this information?

Several places have good information, like icy veins, nox, mr robot, and fatboss.
I also find friendly people in game are a good source, and I try to promote that by being one of those people as well and not just a "google it" person.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

As a former main raid tank I am very comfortable in the role and do not mind switching as long as I have to gear to do so.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I have completed all of current LFR, but only a few bosses in normal HM, and no current heroic. I hear you all can help me with that :)

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I was usually able to clear all content from vanilla through Cata, but in MoP the guild I was in had some issues and there was a lot of switching back and forth, and rather frustrating raid nights. So since Cata nothing too impressive, but I am always willing to accept a challenge.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I unfortunately do not have any of these things right now, but as a current member of the guild i can always share a recount in game with any one.

7) We have a 75% attendance policy. Obviously things come up and we understand that, however we are looking for dependable raiders. Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)?

As a family man the "things come up" is a real thing, but I am usually able to get on every night, so I don't see why two specific nights would be any issue.

8) Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server? If you are transferring, it may be beneficial to test that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) to ensure that your gameplay will not be lagged.

I am aware, and it is not an issue.

9) What really annoys you in a guild?

I hate when guild politics break down, one person decides they are no longer happy and then try to stage a coup, that then forces people to choose sides, that then breaks down loyalties andintheendruinseverythingeveryoneworkedsohardtoacheivebecauseonepersonjustcouldntbehappygoingatasteadypacethateveryoneelsewasjustfinewithand *deep breath* ends up breaking up the guild.

10) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I have known several people in the guild from prior guilds I have been in, but we are now all in BYTM. I also know a couple members in real life, one of which got me back to playing WoW after the MoP issues I was having (with the guild I was in and drama from stupid people).

11) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance.

If i know things are being posted, updated, or added, I will pop in time and again to make sure I don't lose touch.

12) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our raid team.

I am a steady player who enjoys the challenge and have yet to be unable to complete a task set in front of me. I tend to have really bad RNG when it comes to getting gear, but it eventually comes together. I have been and will continue to be a great tank, and as I find DPSing more and more, I am very good and getting a pace, hitting my stride and getting better.

13) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am a 31 year old married man with two kids. I am a computer technician and enjoy the nitty gritty of hardware work. Most notably I am a swordfighting instructor, and now owner of the United Clans Swordsman Association (www.theucsa.com). I am an avid gamer, and have played just about everything out there, including, but not limited to; MxO, Tabula Rasa, Second Life, and pretty much every current MMO or RPG that exists. I currently have 158 days 18 hours play time in WoW.

14) Please provide your b.tag to enable our recruitment people to contact you easily (if you uncomfortable providing it in a public forum, feel free to PM it to Uglychick).

Anyone is welcome to add me with knightsentry@msn.com

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Wed/Thurs - Valruth - Warrior

Postby Uglychick » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:26 am

Hi Valruth, if you are available this week, we can start you trial straight away.

Thanks

Ugly/Bitter/Bec
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”