Wed/Thur - Chalsean - Holy Paladin

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chalsean
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wed/Thur - Chalsean - Holy Paladin

Postby Chalsean » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:29 am

1) Please list your class and main spec (including any off-spec information that may be relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with (be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec).

Holy Paladin since WotLK. Affliction Warlock in Vanilla/BC.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ean/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better, where do you go to get this information?

Google :) Primarily I land on maxdps and healingwow nowadays.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I've done it but I'm definitely a better healer than dps from a raiding skills perspective. I'm open to it to raid with the right people on a schedule that fit me.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

So far I've done normal and Kargath in Heroic. The current guild I joined was building for a mythic 2-night a week raid group. It has since been disbanded and I'm now on the "farm" team because I cannot commit to 3-nights a week raiding. Which has meant very little loot or raid time up to this point. Most of my gear is from professions, LFR or garrison missions.

For most of Cata and MoP I was either MIA or guildless due to a busy schedule. WoD has recaptured my attention but I do have a busy life between working fulltime and online classes. Which is why I'm searching for a 2-night a week raiding guild. I cannot commit more time than that.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

Hand of A'dal, the Undying, the Kingslayer

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

Unfortunately I do not. I know many of your guild members from BC/WotLK raiding that can speak to my (in)ability.

7) We have a 75% attendance policy. Obviously things come up and we understand that, however we are looking for dependable raiders. Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)?

Yes I am available. Occasionally I have to travel for work to Asia and will give notice. As far as I'm aware, my next scheduled travel is a week in April. But work can be unpredictable sometimes.

8) Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server? If you are transferring, it may be beneficial to test that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) to ensure that your gameplay will not be lagged.

Aye, probably better than my current EST server.

9) What really annoys you in a guild?

Drama frankly. I'm a manager at work, get all kinds of drama. This is an escape and something fun for me.

10) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

We used to raid BC and WotLK together in Vendor Trash. I've bounced around servers and found it interesting that one of the guilds that matched my criteria is on Skywall.

11) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance.

Yeah on and off. I wouldn't say I'm a lurker or anything, but I'll occasionally get on.

12) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our raid team.

I'm a very good healer, at least historically have been. I know many of your guild members and know them to be a good group of people.

13) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm 37, work as a Software Engineer and Project Manager at a semiconductor in Boise. I'm currently working on my second (and last) masters (MBA). I play Starcraft/Diablo whenever a new one comes out for the story. Aside from that I'm on the PS4 when there's a good game like Last of Us.

14) Please provide your b.tag to enable our recruitment people to contact you easily (if you uncomfortable providing it in a public forum, feel free to PM it to Uglychick).

Chalsean#1172

Promisin

Re: Wed/Thur - Chalsean - Holy Paladin

Postby Promisin » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Hey Chalsean, please excuse me for butting in to your app - healingwow is a good website, broad, easy to read - have you looked at holybouch.com - holy pally focussed. Great website. Some of the others I like are no longer up to date :(

Good luck with your app!

Volladon

Re: Wed/Thur - Chalsean - Holy Paladin

Postby Volladon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:15 am

Hi Chalsean,

Thanks for posting an app! I'd like to discuss some things before our raid this Wednesday - I've added you on real id so we can chat when we're both on!

If we don't get a chance, we'll see for raid this Wednesday - invites start going out between around 6:35-6:40.

-V
Vondo (bear) / Valkon (mage) / Volladon (priest heals) / Voxon (holy pally) / Voprix (ele shaman)

Return to “Guild Applications”