Desperada

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Desperada
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Desperada

Postby Desperada » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 am

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I am currently MM / Survival - swapping between fights based on movement needs. Thinking about dropping MM and grabbing BM - seeing some nice BM damage out there.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/v ... a/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I speak with some old guildies of mine. Aldarana / Turumbar are both great resources for me. I used to follow Kripparian, he was amazing. Rogerbrown and Kennyloggins are good as well. For alts ill hit up Icy Veins or chat with a parsing player of the class I am researching.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I have swapped alts before / geared an alt for guild needs. I usually try to keep a melee, ranged, and healer available for fill in.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

Not looking to swap mains right now. I am currently 2/7M with around 100 pulls on M Brackenspore.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I have cleared each tier prior to any Blizzard nerfs. This is true from ICC to current. I have always been in top 150 US guilds.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

My Warcraft Logs are available, After looking into BYTM on Warcraft Logs on comparable fights I feel that I will be able to contribute and will have no issues carrying my weight.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

With the profession changed in WOD I did not see the need to swap to anything new. I am maxed engineer / JC. I did swap racials to Blood Elf for the 1% crit buff when WOD dropped.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

I will be able to make the Wednesday / Thursday night raids. I do have some upcoming obligations that may interfere but can share those with you if I would be accepted.

9) In which time zone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transferring, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

CST - I have had alts on PST servers before with no issues.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

I have been in a few top 150 US guilds and our goal was fairly hard core progression. Anytime I have left a guild it has been due to time commitment. I can no longer play 4-5 nights a week for 4 hours a night. The lure of a 2 night a week guild is why I am applying with you. I can also elaborate on this in a verbal chat if needed.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am on hiatus from my current guild on Velen. They raid 3 nights a week for 5 hours each night and I cannot commit to this schedule anymore. I have told them that I cannot raid those hours and we are at an amicable agreement. I have not left Velen yet and would only do so if I felt at home with BYTM and it was a mutually agreeable fit.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I would like to progress in a two night a week guild that is not overly hard core, but still has an eye on progression. I would like a guild that I can fit in with personality wise and has structure.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

clique's

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not know anyone in BYTM. I have chatted with Vondo a few times.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I am in the IT field so I am usually looking at something work or WOW related all the time. Including guild forums.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

This decision is up to you. If after a verbal chat you feel that I would make a good member, let's rock a few Heroic Highmaul's and see what happens. I have a great personality, however I am a pretty quiet raider. I am easy to get along with and usually willing to help others out when asked. Pretty self sufficient.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

I would consider it a dogsu, more politically correct. lol

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am 42, I work in the IT field for a school district in MN. I am a FT college student and a father of two amazing girls. I am a high school track and field coach and the president of a local track and field association. (this is why I cannot raid 4 nights a week) When I am online I want to get things done, I don't have the liberty of screwing around a lot.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

My UI is pretty basic, I do not have a copy at work to post. I use the standard add-ons needed for progression raiding, but not to excess.

Volladon

Re: Desperada

Postby Volladon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 pm

Hey Desperada,

Great to see your app! We'll have a spot for you in raid tomorrow at 6:45pm PST - we are on Heroic Imp at the moment.

Trial period for our raid is 2 weeks (4 raids) total. Hope to see you tomorrow!
Vondo (bear) / Valkon (mage) / Volladon (priest heals) / Voxon (holy pally) / Voprix (ele shaman)

Return to “Guild Applications”