Sat/Mon - Awnek - Guardian Dr00d

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Awnek
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sat/Mon - Awnek - Guardian Dr00d

Postby Awnek » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:38 pm

When answering these questions, please be mindful of your spelling and punctuation. Remember that your application will in all likelihood be our first impression of you (Hopefully it erases my previous impressions, thank goodness...) and you won't want to look like you have a learning disability (If someone applying has ADHD or something, I think they may not apply at this point =/ Just sayin!...). Whole sentences, even multiple sentences, will go over much better than one word answers.

Application Questions

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Druid (Wasn't this in the title?) - Guardian
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... nek/simple

Im feral offspec

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

Icyveins is usually pretty good. I also check www.Vondo.com on occasion for extremely updated and play-tested informatics.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

My healsies will be epic... but I dont recommend you testing that theory.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I am currently rolling with a couple of newbs ;)

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

> Kael'thas in TK 25man - Owner of the first Phoenix Mount horde side on Darkspear, was killed before skippable, guild Hammered.
> All ulduar 10man achievements to get special mount before end of that progression window.
> All 10man ICC achievements to get special mount before end of that progression window.
> Starcaller Title for 10man Algalon kill during that progression window.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I get hit in the face hard, but have not made a point to record myself getting hit in the face hard.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Professions dont matter as much anymore, I wonder if this question is as relevant as it once was? I went alchemist and Enchant for the ring enchants at the time and for the Xmutes to make additional gems for cutting.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Group 1. I will try and be on as often as I can.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Hammered on Darkspear. They were 25man and 10man raiding. I was maintank for the 10man subset with furthest progression. And I was Offtank for the 25man. I left because I left the game for a year.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I told her, she insisted I apply. I'm not sure, but I think she may be the leader of a squadron of large chirping birds that do her bidding. So I am scared to disobey. I don't think she likes me much though, because apping her was actually *HER* idea.... she insisted... go figure.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

Get pieces of digital code that are represented as square images surrounded by a purple border, or 3d modeled items. By getting these pieces of code, I will feel like I have made an accomplishment. This sense of accomplishment will create a chain reaction caused by neurotransmitter release in the limbic portion of my brain, known as the reward pathway, creating a feeling of self-worth and happiness. The vehicle to obtain these pieces of code will be able to acquire pieces that are subsequently more difficult to acquire, leading to further release of neurotransmitters creating that sensation of being rewarded. By continually accomplishing this cycle, I will be able to reward myself and abstain from other tasks that also trigger the reward pathway but may or may not be better for me, such as going on an adventure, getting a promotion, doing heroine, going shopping, eating chocolate, and accomplishing something worth while with my time on Earth.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

People who give a long winded answer the question 12.... the nerve.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

Unfortunately, Seb got me into this, I am hoping seb will eventually get me out... somehow.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I found out we have a website 2 days ago... just saying.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

YOLO?

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

I've seen one of these... it's called a Sebastian! ZING

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am 31. I am a pharmacist.... of the legal kind. >.> <.< >.> . I play hearthstone and Diablo3 as well.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

Feral: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MiCj3TrFnk
Guardian: http://www.theincbear.com/forums/viewto ... f=9&t=1333

These are the UI setups I use. Copied these to the T.

Ragglerok

Re: Sat/Mon - Awnek - Guardian Dr00d

Postby Ragglerok » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:47 pm

He also plays Dota 2 and he's awful at it!

I would be careful of this tank, back in the day he wasn't cool enough to call out when he was tanking and battle rezzing locks that pulled aggro off of him. Said lock was jus 2 gud 4 da gaem. He still plays occasionally in far off corners of the world.

Otherwise he would make ok fodder for random comments, and he does get hit in the face pretty well. Also he flies across the country to buy things from random Asian dudes in the back alleys of Blizzcon. He said he was buying a ticket, but I'm convinced it was meth.

Awnek

Postby Awnek » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Promisin

Postby Promisin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:21 am

I do enjoy reading some of these S/M app's!!!

StrykerNinja

Postby StrykerNinja » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:55 pm

DENIED - due to not acknowledging the bestest, most perfectest Paladin OT that he has or ever will play with

And as a witness to the "blizzcon ticket" event described, would agree with ragglerock's analysis

Promisin

Postby Promisin » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Awww poor Stryker but so quick to judge! Stryker, you are my favourite male BYTM pally tank! Awnek, you need to search for information on how to release from www.Vondo.com when you find yourself in some kind of ongoing information loop. Might be too late for you..... :P

Volladon

Postby Volladon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:34 pm

that website is so stale
Vondo (bear) / Valkon (mage) / Volladon (priest heals) / Voxon (holy pally) / Voprix (ele shaman)

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm

You are a nutter. Very belated 'I guess you can trial'.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”