Chioma's Application

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chioma
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chioma's Application

Postby Chioma » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:35 pm

Application Questions

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Shadow Priest: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... oma/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I often visit H2P, IcyVeins, WoW Forums and any other site that may offer relevant information or suggestions.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.
Shadow priest has always been my main spec. I have very little experience priest healing.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

From endgame content of the Cataclysm expansion's normal and heroic 25-man through MoP up to Garrosh. At that point the raid team fell apart and we never completed Garrosh. If WoD's LFR counts as raid progression, this is where I am currently seeking improvement.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I cannot truthfully lay claim to any of these.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

First time in LFR Highmaul, Skada screenshot:

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Chiom ... R.png.html? filters[user]=112672090&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Alchemy is at max level and Tailoring is approximately 505. I recently switched from Engineering to Tailoring since the profession buffs have been taken away this expansion, and am continuing to level it daily. I chose Alchemy to provide the necessary flasks and potions for raids and Tailoring for the crafted cloth armor.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

This application is for the Sat/Mon group and I am able to attend both days.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

My location is in the Rocky Mountains, USA and the time zone is Mountain Standard Time. During a recent LFR, gameplay was not abnormally lagged and did not appear to be an issue.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Prior to joining BYTM, I was a member of ReAwaken for the past few years. Their goal initially was to form 25-man normal and heroic groups for progression and end content. The fulfillment of those goals were a success during the Cataclysm expansion. During MoP the raid teams carried on for many months, but over time they dwindled in numbers and raiding was abandoned. The guild eventually has become inactive.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am a current member of BYTM.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I enjoy teamwork and the glories of success when members of a group set out to accomplish a particularly difficult task and through perseverance complete their goals.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

Gossip, finger-pointing, rage quit.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I initially became acquainted with some members of BYTM through guest raiding via invitations from Violente and, a few members from my old guild are current members of BYTM.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I am familiar with guild forums and have participated in them on a regular basis.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Why not?

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

My children, in an effort to cheer me up and include me in their interests, introduced me to World of Warcraft during the BC expansion. I have not ceased playing since then! I am 55 years old (I would venture a guess that I am probably the oldest member in the guild), worked for years as a paralegal, judge's wife, leasing and property management, and several other occupations. I enjoy puzzles like Sudoku, Crosswords, and Klotski! I like to cook/bake and sample foods from other cultures and countries.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Chiom ... ml?filters[user]=112672090&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

Promisin

Re: Chioma's Application

Postby Promisin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:53 am

Yay, Sam!!! :)

Pallykazaam

Postby Pallykazaam » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 am

Hey Chio,

I always liked you, but now I like you even more... Someone my age.. yay!! lol!! And, if it's any comfort, you are not the oldest my dear, I am ha ha... :P

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi Sam, thanks for your app.

Sat/Mon would love to have you trial with us :)

I have copied your app into a separate section for us to have any discussion around your app during your trial period.

Thanks!

Ugly/Bitter/Bec
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”