Group 1: Irrelevant - Enhancement Shaman

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Irrelevant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1: Irrelevant - Enhancement Shaman

Postby Irrelevant » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:23 am

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

A)
Class: Shaman
Spec: Enhancement
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ant/simple)

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

A) Considering EJ is dead, I hope nobody says EJ anymore. I really like IcyVeins now. If there's anything I'd like to know that for -whatever- reason, IcyVeins doesn't cover, I end up looking around the WoWHead forums and WoW forums in general. I look around for discussion related to the specific issue I'm having, and garner people's opinions and whatnot.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

A) I'm totally open to switching spec, I jsut happen to love Enhancement way more. I'm a melee person. I'm much less enthusiastic about switching to Resto than I am about switching to Elemental, BUT, if it's absolutely and totally required, I'll play Resto. The only issue this raises is the fact that I haven't consistently played a healer since WotLK. At this point I'd be a fish out of water, and I'd be a little lost. And dead. Like a fish. Out of water. Fishes need water to survive, you see.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

A) At the current, I've only done several Heroic dungeons. That's pretty much about it as far as anything raid-related goes in WoD. But as far as raiding in general goes, I played WoW off and on from release up until WotLK, which is when I became consistent. From WotLK onward, I was pretty current on every raid with the exception of Trial of the Crusader, which I quit during. I then came back for ICC, stayed for the initial chunk of Cata, cleared Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Lair, and Throne of the Four winds, then quit again. I quit from then all the way until the tail end of MoP and that's about it. So I stayed completely current for the stint in which I was consistent in. This was a really long answer and could have been condensed to two sentences.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

A) Nothing that comes to mind. I have the Undying title, and would have had the Immortal title if the guild I was in hadn't lost a lot of competent members. That isn't anything very notable though.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

A) Nope.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

A) Irrelevant's professions are Tailoring and Jewelcrafting. The reason why I picked these was for the profession-specific bonuses. (Tailoring used to have Swordguard Embroidery, JCing used to have Serpent's Eye gems, or whatever they were called in WotLK.) They aren't maxed yet, but will be. Oddly enough, max level professions not having a profession for profession-specific bonuses are both moot. Have you noticed? They removed Embroidery from Tailoring and JCer-only gems. What's wrong with Blizzard?

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

A) Yeah, I'm able to make both scheduled raid days for the group I'm applying to.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

A) I live in California, so I'm perfectly lined up with the server. I rarely lag or have connection issues.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

A) I've only been in two other guilds, and the reasons for leaving are the same for both: They eventually fell apart due to people quitting the game, or transferring servers and the like.

Unholy Vengeance - WotLK Launch -> near ICC release
Sanguine Curse - ICC -> early Cata

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

A) I am. I will be informing Bec that I fully intend to leave her to join Bec. You see, I find Bec's guild more appealing than Bec's guild, because Bec's guild doesn't quite have the PIZAZZ that Bec's guild has. Bec's guild never WOW'd me, however Bec's guild is hitting all the right spots.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

A) The same thing I've been accomplishing daily since I joined. Successfully making eyes roll and working heavy sighs of disdain out of people.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

A) When people speak out happily on good times they spent with their parents who seemingly loved their child very much and never yelled at them when all their child wanted was to make them laugh and smile, and so that's why he drew all over the walls in permanent marker and told his parents he was an artist and drew a mural just for them so that maybe they'll stop locking him in the closet every time he tries to say "I love you." as a way of attempting to get some affection in return. Also general favoritism and the like.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

A) I met Bec and Penny in Sanguine Curse ages ago, like 50 years ago. Lazarus and I go way way back, like 2nd grade or so. Kiralyn Seb Phelpinstine and I met in the far back row of an adult movie theater about 6 years ago, and I haven't yet met Set but I hear good things, and some strange things. Is it true he has a peg leg? Is it true she's really the one who shot Abraham Lincoln? Is it true hesheheshe is a professional ware transporting burro?

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

A) I only actively check guild forums if I know they're very active on them, otherwise I don't bother.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

A) Guys, I can't even think of a single reason to justify my existence. How am I gonna come up with a good reason for this?

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

A) I would be called "Dogshit". I only say this because that's one of the many nicknames my parents gave me when I was younger. It's funny, now that I'm older, every person I become close with comes to call me the same thing! Haha! Must be a pretty common nickname! :D

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

A) I'm 24. I exist for a living, and I even do THAT poorly. I study my father's fists very closely. I play a bunch of other things, some multi-player, mostly single. Lately though, I've just been into other Blizzard games. I've played a lot of Hearthstone, even more Heroes of the Storm.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

A) Sorry if this makes me look like an ass or something of the sort, but I don't really think this quesiton applies to me. I don't use any add-ons except for Recount, therefor my UI is the standard UI for WoW, I haven't modified it a single bit.

Ragglerok

Re: Group 1: Irrelevant - Enhancement Shaman

Postby Ragglerok » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:46 pm

The prolonged eye contact was our promise to never speak about that night in the theater.

Promisin

Postby Promisin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Here fishyfishy - flop flop splat - Rhen healing..... :P

Set

Postby Set » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:20 pm

i dont think u guys should envit tis one bc i group wit him 1nc n it was a horible experinc of a lifetim pls tru s me when i say do not anvite

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 am

Healers are in short supply, but it looks like we've found Nemo.

Looking forward to trialling you as resto, fish-boy.

I have copied your application into a separate section of the forum for any discussion about you to take place... I mean your app... discussion about your app...

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”