Group 1: Set - Rogue - Assassination/Combat.

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Set
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1: Set - Rogue - Assassination/Combat.

Postby Set » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Whoops. Apparently I missed the memo on this and had a chance to apply. Here goes an attempt anyway for Group 1.

1.) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.
Class: Rogue.
Spec: Depends highly on weapons, stat rolls, and the encounter. Currently running with Assassination, but would switch to Combat on fights involving more adds due to its superior AoE with Blade Flurry. Or, naturally, switching to whichever pulls ahead as far as DPS goes per encounter.
Armoury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... Set/simple

2.) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?
A.) http://www.icy-veins.com/
B.) http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/
C.) Common sense.

3.) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)?
I touched on this within the first question. Given that I'm a rogue, my options are very limited outside of specific specs being better for certain encounters. I would switch accordingly to maximize DPS, given I have the gear/weapons to make doing so actually matter.

4.) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.
Raided a bit in BC and through all of WotLK up into Cataclysm. Took a decent break from the game and joined BYTM when I returned in MoP due to knowing people within the guild and raided quite a bit of SoO with different groups (mainly the Friday alt group, but I occasionally filled in for the other two when some failed to show). Took another break from the game to wait for whenever WoD was released and that's about it. Hoping to get into Highmaul.

5.) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)
Notable achievements? Killed some bosses. They came back and I killed them again. Not alone, of course. I'm not that good. But I technically overkilled lots of bosses. (AKA: Nah, not really. I don't think so, at least.)

6.) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?
Nope! But I raided with you guys, so hopefully my performance was up to par or at least noted at some point.

7.) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?
My professions are Jewelcrafting and Enchanting. Maxed professions hardly matter this expansion, but they're nearly there anyway.

8.) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.
Yes.

9.) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?
Wow, guys. ): I'm not stupid. I know the timezone of the realm I'm on. ): I'm Central Time, so two hours ahead. No big deal.

10.) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?
I was in Unholy Vengeance (25m raiding guild) in WotLK and we cleared Naxxramas and most of Ulduar/ToC. The guild leader quit the game/they server transferred, and that's when I joined Sanguine Curse and cleared ICC. Stuck with them into Cataclysm where we cleared BWD, BoT and TotFW (I cleared these on my Holy Paladin (Obnoxious) at the time because we needed a healer). Unfortunately, everyone in the guild practically quit which is when I ultimately decided to take a break from the game, as well. Came back quite late in MoP right around when SoO was released. Joined BYTM and that's where I am now.

11.) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?
i dont wanna talk to bec she cant make me i do what i want when i want ill leave if i want to ill join if i want to whats she gonna do idc idc

12.) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?
Fun times and boss deaths. I've tried both with them previously and it's always a success.

13.) What really annoys you in a guild?
First answer: Kirsebphelphnarokturds. What do you even call that guy?
Second answer: Unfair treatment of guildmates/favouritism.

14.) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?
Yes. Many. Sort of. Penny and Bec would occasionally join our raiding fun when I was in Sanguine Curse. Penny didn't believe I was a girl, despite being a lady herself. It must be the voice. It's pretty deep and manly. Edit: Oh noooo. Udder and Tab, too! Udder was gone for so long, it slipped my mind. I have raided with both of them previously. Udder was in Sanguine Curse with me.

15.) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.
Well, I certainly will now. I viewed the forums occasionally before but it didn't seem super active. But now I'm paying for it because apparently I needed to put in an application a long time ago. ): That being said, in previous guilds I viewed their forums somewhat often. However, if I were forum-phobic, this must mean I REALLY want to raid because wow, I am totally dealing with my greatest fear right now by posting this application. Luckily, though, I don't have that fear.

16.) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.
I like to raid, I like my class. I have played my class and raided for a ridiculously long time, so hopefully I have a well enough understanding of both to not drag people down. These questions are weird when I've been here. HOW DO I EVEN ANSWER. ):

17.) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?
Not to me. Probably a Bushi.

18.) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.
I'm 22 (and a half okay, let's be real, it matters). My name is Alex. I hoard cats for a living (this isn't even a joke, ask me to name them). I don't play games. I don't have a life.

19.) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like.
Oooh. My UI. Okay. http://i.imgur.com/cdwKjyh.jpg

Ragglerok

Re: Group 1: Set - Rogue - Assassination/Combat.

Postby Ragglerok » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:30 pm

This one is a little smelly, so make sure you bring nose plugs if you're around her. Also, crazy cat lady IRL.

Promisin

Postby Promisin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Now I know Set's name and she loves cats!!! Used to be Setanic - was too many syllables, times are tough and we had make cuts! Yes, it is true, I didn't know any girl rogues at the time - OMG she was soooo amazing to me!!!!

Set

Postby Set » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Kirsebphelphnarokturds, you're the only smelly one here. "Turds" is even a part of your name, which implies smelliness. Stop trying to pin the blame on others, you foul buffoon!

And Pen, I actually kind of miss the name Setanic! ): But somebody once asked me if I worshipped satan and I flipped that someone thought I didn't know how to spell satanic. Truthfully, my name had no relation to that!

Ragglerok

Postby Ragglerok » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Well to be fair, you don't know how to spell. We all know you originally wanted "Sit" as your name....

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 am

Hi Set

While it is probably stepping over the upper limit of melee dps, I am prepared to see how well we can make it work, based on my knowledge of your competence.

Would like to invite you to trial with Sat/Mon. I have copied your app into a separate section of the forum for any discussion to take place around your app :)

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”