Desin Prot/Glad Warrior S/M/W/TH

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Desin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Desin Prot/Glad Warrior S/M/W/TH

Postby Desin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:20 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I've been playing with Prot Tanking and Glad DPS for most of the xpac. I haven't settled on one yet as I'm in a hodgepodge of heroic 630+ gear but I'm willing to focus on either spec depending on what is needed. Glad DPS is currently the top DPS for single target from warriors and Simulated to be top 5 in 665 T17 (not that I have gear of that caliber yet >_<.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... sin/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I normally look at Icy-Viens and Noxxic for a general guidelines and then tweak based off ask mr robot and Simulation Craft stats that I run off my current gear. Most guides are written using these tools anyways and I like to see the raw data for myself as it will slightly change based on your efficiency and gear.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I'm always able to bounce between tank or DPS I have a set of gear that's right down the middle atm and am in the process of building out both set's independently.

I have lot's of experience tanking and a decent amount DPS although Glad is brand new and there will be kinks to work out and learning to happen.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

New Xpac new progression >_<

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I was hardcore in vanilla and TBC with realm firsts and top 400 world kills. Completed OG NAXX and all MH/DT pre-nerffs. I have a job and life now so I'm not looking for this kind of craziness anymore.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I came back for this xpac and didn't raid in MoP and I've been running mainly tank for the short ques in Heroics so nothing... I'd say you should come run something with me and see for yourself, it works better than logs anywho :)

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

BlackSmithing and Mining. I make Armor, it helps me kill things :)

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yup, I can make either of those. Just let me know! Obviously holidays, work and RL take priority but they are all regularly scheduled.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

Pacific Time with no issues making the raid times.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Fruit of Elune (hardcore raiding) Vanilla-TBC
An assortment of small groups of friends just PvP'ing and LFR'ing

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

Yup, Small group of friends and Co-Workers.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

Great chill group of people to play some wow with and raid.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

The biggest thing would have to be power hungry GMs, Officers and Leads. Oh and screaming raid leaders. I'm here to have fun and I don't want to be apart of group that sucks the fun out of the game.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

Nope, none of them.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I Normally check from time to time. I'm not crazy about forums but I can make it part of my morning read.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I'm a fun enjoyable person to game with that has a bunch of experience. I like to get shit done while having fun.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

I think Dogsu would be a better name, sounds like a super hero.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm 26 and I work for a major gaming company doing all their video production and live streaming for their live events. I play WoW, Heroes of the Storm, Elite: Dangerous, Loadout, FarCry4

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

Not Shown:
Vuduh, Recount, Deadly Boss, Quartz, GTFO

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Desin Prot/Glad Warrior S/M/W/TH

Postby Uglychick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi Desin

Thanks for your application. I have copied it into a separate section of the forum for any discussion around your app to take place. We will get back to you asap :)

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Desin

Re: Desin Prot/Glad Warrior S/M/W/TH

Postby Desin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey Uglychick,

Thanks for taking the time to review my app, I eagerly await a reply :)

Return to “Guild Applications”