App for Diogenus - Warlock Risen from the Dead

Apply here for BYTM.
diogenus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

App for Diogenus - Warlock Risen from the Dead

Postby diogenus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:20 am

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

My main has been a Warlock since vanilla. I currently play Destruction, but over the years I have played Demo and Affliction when they most benefited the raid.

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I typically rely on Icy Veins and Noxxic, and also watch a lot of YouTube vids of the more dominant locks. This is particularly important now with all the changes around WoD.

I also listen to Looking for Raid, Azaroth Roundtable, and Horde for Life podcasts.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

Yes, I am comfortable running with whatever is needed. I rolled a warrior and priest specifically for this purpose. They are FoB 100 and I am working to gear them now. Here they are in priority order.

Lyfer - Priest -
Donc - Warrior -
Herbert - Druid -

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I just came back to the game after a three year break, so don't judge :)

Last I remember was downing a few bosses in Cataclysm 25-man, but my raiding glory days were all about ICC 25 and 10 man :)

I also did a lot of raiding in BC.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

No, most of my raiding experience was with guilds that were not 'hardcore' progression guilds and were basically groups of friends I found in game and teamed up with.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

Sorry, I just came back for WoD and I am just now getting my logging setup and I should have some data uploaded in the next week or so.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Over the years, I have been enchanting and engineering, but with WoD I rerolled engineering to tailoring for the hexweave pieces with the intent of gearing up for raids. Both these skills are around 620 and climbing. I have one hexweave piece and close to number 2.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes. I am a workaholic and I am excited because my schedule is currently opening up and will allow for the scheduled times.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I am in PST located in California and have no issues.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Way back in the day, I was a GM of a small guild that was 'friends and family' and leveling. We grew to around 150-200 active members and had a lot of fun. We eventually started raiding basic 10-man content and had a blast.

In WotLK and Cata, I was a member in another guild that was doing some raiding and had a great time there as well. I made a lot of friends that I still keep in touch with.

Shortly after Cata, I left the game due to RL priorities and when I came back for WoD found my former guild was no more. I started playing the game again with my good friend Desin (also applying) and we planned to start a guild with some friends.

After a couple weeks, we realize that we lack the resources and time required to manage and grow a successful guild.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

Yes. Our guild is currently myself and three friends and there is no issue here.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

My goal is to make friends and have fun playing the game. Tackling some of the toughest and most challenging content is a bonus :)

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

In general: people who feel entitled to help, people that don't know the fights, condescension or rudeness from others, DPS's who only care about meters...

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

Not directly. I spoke with Light and V last night in game and they both seem like nice people.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Yes. No worries here. I used to run the forums for the guild and have plenty of experience.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I am a good person that enjoys having fun in the game and making the game fun for others. Often, this happens through non-traditional means. I always treat others the way I want to be treated, and I have the experience of a mature raider and player.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

...or a shitbull, shitdog, bullsu depending on the region you are in.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am 32 year old software developer with around 10 years experience developing customized contract management applications for the large-scale government contractors in the Aerospace industry. I also have my own web design and software consulting business that I operate out of my home in California. I moved to California from the cornfields of Ohio about 18 months ago, and I am enjoying the SoCal culture.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

This is not a great example but all I have for now. I used ElvUI, Clique, GTFO, DBM, and most of the other 'must have' addons. Just before WoD, I also went out and spent some money to overhaul my computer to ensure i was WoD-ready :)

Uglychick
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: App for Diogenus - Warlock Risen from the Dead

Postby Uglychick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi Dio

Thanks for your application. I have copied it into a separate section of the forum for any discussion around your app to take place. Can you confirm which raid group you are applying for? Thanks!

We will get back to you asap :)

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

diogenus

Postby diogenus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi Uglychick,

Thanks for reviewing the app.

I am open for either raid group wherever I can be of most use. I am also applying with my friend Desin who just posted as well.

Thanks!
Dio

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Dio.

If you were to end up trialling in different groups, would that be an issue?
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

diogenus

Postby diogenus » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Absolutely! Do what you wish with me; I am humbly at your disposal and will do my best. I have confirmed that both raid group times will work for me. Thanks!

diogenus

Postby diogenus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 am

got some log data:

* updated with newer data... slowly getting better:

kargath:

butcher:

breckenspore:
Last edited by diogenus on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

diogenus

Postby diogenus » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 am

Hey all,

Based on recent conversations with Light, Desin and I are planning on running tonight as trials. Could you please let me know which fights the W/R group is currently on so I can adequately prepare?

Thanks!
Dio

djmy

Postby djmy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:50 am

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:24 pm

See above!

Thanks Milk :)
— Marilyn Monroe

diogenus

Postby diogenus » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:27 am

Hi guys,

With the new year and other RL obligations pulling at me, I am not going to be online much in the near future.

I am trying to find a way to balance in my WoW with my RL stuff, but it has been a struggle.

I just wanted to give you the heads up if you don't see much around much this month.

Hopefully, I can come back and kick more butt after a couple of weeks.

Thanks!
Diogenus

Return to “Guild Applications”