Mojozin - now SHOOTYZWIG would like to raid Wed/Thu

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Palantyr
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mojozin - now SHOOTYZWIG would like to raid Wed/Thu

Postby Palantyr » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:26 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Mojo be a might troll Mage mon! He is spec'd Arcane.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... zin/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I tend to read a lot of Noxxic and Frozen Veins in addition to the requisite EJ.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

Sure, I am willing to swap things out as needed; even into other characters that I am building for other roles as needed.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

None at all in WoP, though I raided extensively in WotLK.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I main tanked Sartherion with 3 drakes up for the "Twilight Vanquisher" title in 10 man when it was current content during WotLK on Palantyr, my Paladin; also earned the "Undying" title for clearing Naxxramus with no deaths in the raid when it was current content with same above referenced Paladin.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I do not, sorry.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Mojozin is Tailoring/Enchanting both are at WoD level and working towards max. I chose them to compliment the character and my overall profession strategy of money making. I have many Miners, Jewelcrafters, and Enchanters across my characters as I have found them useful for earning gold.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Wednesday/Thursday I am available for, yes.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

Mountain Time, I have great internet and have no ping issues.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

CHAOS on this server last time, but it has been years. I basically took Cataclysm and MoP off (until the end of MoP anyway).

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am in the guild already.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I play this game because I find it fun, I raid for the same reason. I enjoy accomplishing things and improving and just hope to do that with fun people to talk to. Guilding/Raiding is primarily social for me.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

When only particular cliques or groups of people are invited to participate. I have served in Guild Leadership several times and have too often found that I was the only officer who cared at all what members who were not of the "Old Guard" wanted or needed. I hate that, we are all here to play, let's have fun together.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

Teakwood is a friend IRL, and I have been a WoW acquaintance of Laeyla for years.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Not generally unless I know there is something I need to read; it's not that I am uninterested, I have simply never been with a guild that made any sort of use of a forum.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I am a fun guy to game with. I care a lot about what other people need and am a big believer in advancing the team not just my own immediate interest. You will always find me willing to help out and easy going. I teach teamwork for a living as a Operations Manager for 1400 people, I know how to be part of a greater structure and help the whole thrive as the sum of it's parts.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Why on earth would you... that poor shitsu! That's just not right!

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am a 34 year old Mormon from Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA. I am an Operations Manager for General Dynamics, the 4th largest military contractor in the world. I am a active fan of theatre and have performed in 34 productions. I love to read, particularly high fantasy. I play mostly strategy games other than this such as the Civilization and Total War franchises.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

Oh no!! I am surely going to get the newb tag - but truthfully there is no point in posting it, I use the game default UI. I do make use of both recount and DBM of course, but I play the game very close to the way it was made.
Last edited by Palantyr on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Mojozin the Arcane Mage would very much like to raid Wed

Postby Uglychick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi Mojozin/Palantyr

Thanks for your application. I have copied it into a separate section of the forum for any discussion around your app to take place. We will get back to you asap :)

Ugly/Bitter/Bec
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Palantyr

Re: Mojozin the Arcane Mage would very much like to raid Wed

Postby Palantyr » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:17 pm

In an effort to incite laughter, and shamelessly pander for votes, I present myself in a kabuki style production of The Emperor's New Clothes.

Return to “Guild Applications”