Group 1 - Meadowfery :) Balance Druid

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Meadowfrey
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 - Meadowfery :) Balance Druid

Postby Meadowfrey » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Well my “main” (have far too many characters it’s painful) right now is my balance druid. Her Off-spec is restoration. The Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... y/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?
My main source is Icy-Veins. But like others I do talk to others about what gemming, enchants, ect. They prefer. I do know and have friends in higher end/hardcore raiding guilds that tell me what works best for them and their raid team. If I cannot get accurate information from my oh so wise friends my last resort is Ask Mr. Robot.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.
I am always open to playing new specs and or newer classes to me. I love the sometimes difficult time of learning these new specs/classes. That’s what I find fun with this game is you can try new things at anytime you want to but it takes some dedication and time to get to the point where you can finally take that deep breath and relax. In the end yes I am willing to try new things!

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.
In MoP I kind of took a “break” from raiding. After Cata the guild I was with since BC switched realms but then fizzled after HoF. So I wasn’t doing much. Did a few bosses in ToT on normal but during SoO I did come to BYTM because I have known Becca for some time now. I did start doing Normal Mode with the “Friday” team and when 6.0 Mythic came I was in that group as well.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)
I did start raiding Pre-BC and have been ever since. I did raid in BC but never got to kill the end boss. But in Wrath of the Lich King I did start raiding in a beloved 10 man team (R.I.P!) We downed many bosses before the next content/tier came out. Same as with Cata.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?
As of right now I don’t have any logs or any Recount screenshots I can show/give for you to look at 

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?
My professions: 1 out of 2 professions of mine are maxed out. (Thanks to my garrison I leveled Herbalism quickly!) Still getting alchemy up there but should be there soon! If need be and was asked to change professions I would QQ and would need to level another Herbalism before I swapped!

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.
I am available and day of the week! Just sometimes I work with the husband if he has many papers or just needs help early in the mornings. I also have a family and they need my attention too but I should be good!

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transferring, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your game play will not be lagged?
The time zone I am in is EST. Yes I am aware that most raids start at realm (PST) time. Over my lengthy time playing this game I have never had really “bad” issues with the server even though I am located halfway across the U.S.!

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?
The guild I was with since BC-early MoP was Unholy Vengeance. They were on Skywall for quite some time before they had transferred to Earthen Ring. Our primary goals were to down bosses and that is what I think every guild should have as a goal or else they won’t make it. Also keep the Bullsh*t out of raids just leaves it at the door!

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?
I hope I am guilded! (Don’t kick me!) I think I have informed you Becca that I was applying! <3

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?
Down bosses. As simple with that I hope to down bosses. I wish I can become friends with fellow raiders and get along and not create BS. I have already made a few friends and hope to know others better!

13) What really annoys you in a guild?
Drama, fighting, and people with the “I’m better than you attitude.” If people create drama and fight over vent, guild chat raid chat anywhere I can see it just makes me mad. It’s honestly a game. Do we all take it serious at times of course! We’re all human and make mistakes and we can all offer useful information/tips/help but just don’t have to bitch and make drama out of it.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?
Well I think I know a few! :P I don’t think I need to think back on how we met Becca =P

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.
Yeah of course! I like to stay in touch with people! Just another way to learn and a place to see what’s going to happen!!!

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.
I think a plethora of us just have a love for the game and no doubt I am one of those “Nerd World of Warcraft Players”! I like to meet new people and play with others! Which might sound “cheesy” but really the social aspect of this game is amazing! I just think we should all know each other just a little bit.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?
You know what? I will just say yes to this one….

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.
Well first of all I am 34 (I know I’m getting up there!) and have a family. It consists of my two kids, my husband, our dog and I. I work alongside my husband if need be. I guess consider it as “part time”. Lived in Michigan all my life.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Group 1 - Meadowfery :) Balance Druid

Postby Uglychick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi Meadow

Invitation to trial with Sat/Mon in your Calendar :)

Ugly/Bitter/Bec
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Meadowfrey

Re: Group 1 - Meadowfery :) Balance Druid

Postby Meadowfrey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Yay :) Thank You Becca! :D :D

Return to “Guild Applications”