Group 2 - Outofmilk - Resto Druid

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
djmy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 2 - Outofmilk - Resto Druid

Postby djmy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:46 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I'm currently playing a resto druid and would like to main as a healer. It's my first time ever healing as a druid for this new expansion. But, my other experience with another healing class is a holy paladin.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... k/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012663/
http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/270-Druid
http://www.icy-veins.com/
http://www.askmrrobot.com

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I'd like to main a healer "if possible." But, if necessary, please tell me ahead in advance so I can prepare.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

2/7 Normal Highmaul - I don't have butcher down yet. But, I've done the fight a lot of times to know how he plays out and have him down around 10% in heroic. I also have knowledge on the rest of the HM bosses from researching and beta WoD videos. I'm switching mains due to the fact, I've tried a lot of healing classes except druid and would like to start giving this class a shot.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I don't have any notable achievements.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

None. I've done pre-made normal pugs and manage to hit #1 both of my encounters with the first two bosses. I'll post recount next time with a normal pug. If you would like to do a cross-server trial run on a heroic dungeon or maybe a pug normal highmaul then that would be fine with me.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Blacksmith (617) - It was mainly for the extra socket bonus. But, blizzard took that out sadly. But, I still make plate gears and just sell them in AH.

Mining (Max) - Just for a gathering profession and selling any ores.

I'm thinking about switching blacksmith to leatherworking in the future.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

I can make all raid days. Unless, there's a emergency that I need to take care of.

P.S "Just in advance! I will be going on vacation January 26th - Feb 11th 2015. If this will be a problem, I totally fully understand that.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

Currently, in PST also.

Here is a speedtest result to one of the LA internet locations.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3960402293

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

[US] Garrosh - Immortal Kings - It was basically just a lvl/social guild.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

Currently, not in a guild as I fraction changed from alliance -> horde.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I am wanting to finally put myself in a position to be surrounded with nothing but excellent players. My expectations joining you guys is to basically find exactly what I am looking for. To also find people that not only know their class and everything but also do not waste time with the time we have set for raid. I hope things are taken seriously when we're on progression bosses. Most importantly stay positive and know we can down each boss as a guild.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

When people lose motivation and confidence on a progression boss to a lot of wiping. Every boss is probably gonna be hard. But, if we push effort, focus, learn from our mistakes and motivate/lean with one another then nothing is impossible.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

None - I've seen "Lightstryker" post on my LFGuild topic.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Yes. I've always done so with my past guilds and love seeing other people's application.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I do have low raiding experience in the past. But, please don't let that cloud your judgement of me. I can hold my own and like to always research and watch videos 100% of the time for new content and progression bosses. I've never been into a serious progression guild before and would like to experience that special feeling trying to get realm / world top for the first time! I have experience as a healer ranging from disc/holy priest and holy paladin.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

I feel like this is a trick question to see if I have a sense of humor lol.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am currently 24! almost 25 in dec 6th. I am a barporter/barback on to becoming a bartender in the future and I'm not studying anything as of right now. I like to play RPG as I am a Final Fantasy fan and also a lot of other games to long to list.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/i1zlLu3
Last edited by djmy on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Group 2 - Outofmilk - Resto Druid

Postby Uglychick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:32 pm

Hi Outofmilk

Thanks for your application. I have copied it into a separate section of the forum for any discussion around your app to take place. We will get back to you asap :)

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Group 2 - Outofmilk - Resto Druid

Postby Uglychick » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Outofmilk

We would like to invite you to trial. If you haven't already, can you please add Lightstryker's b.tag - Strykerninja#1270.

Thanks!

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”