[Wed/Thurs] Backup, Windshaper, Restoration/Feral Druid

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
windshaper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Wed/Thurs] Backup, Windshaper, Restoration/Feral Druid

Postby windshaper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:20 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I'm a Restoration druid with slight experience playing feral and boomkin. I have not tanked since Cataclysm. Here's a link to my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... r/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

For quick reference and basic information, I consult Icy-Veins. When I'm worried about fixing a specific part of my performance (HPS increase, cool down usage for a particular fight, etc), I utilize MMO Champion class forums and/or consult other restoration druids who can assist me in the matter.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I do not care for swing healing, only because feral and boomkin specs have never been appealing to me. However, I understand the need for switches and fill ins, so I am always willing to switch when necessary.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I am currently 4/14H.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I only started to hardcore raid in Mists of Pandaria (started in Cataclysm). I that time, I have killed every end boss while the content was still current either on this toon or a few scattered alts.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I do not have logs at the moment, but I have been casually raiding with a 6/14H guild on Thursdays. I will be able to post after my next raid.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

I am currently mining / engineering, though I would like to switch out mining for jewelcrafting before WoD. As of right now, I am gathering the mats necessary to make this switch. I like engineering for the raid utility and HPS boost with synapse springs; vanity items are also a plus, though that is irrelevant to raiding. Jewelcrafting will be a nice switch for the intellect boost and AH income, but its benefits to healing are almost identical to enchanting, blacksmithing, and leatherworking. Therefore if needed, I can always switch to another production profession based on the group / guild bank needs.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes, I am available for the Wed/Thurs raid times.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I have tested my gameplay on the server by rolling an alt and my connection seems to check out okay.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Most of my raiding experience comes from CFT (now the Bear Retirement Home where Arielle raids), and they were a semi-hardcore group that focused on heroic progression in a relaxed, time-friendly environment. I left CFT after they decided to transfer to a higher pop realm with intent of switching to a 25m team, in which I was uninterested at the time. After CFT, I moved to Deadly Chaos on Turalyon, where my progress in SoO took place. I left after we reached 4/14H because the raid leader planned to take an extensive break and possibly disband the group. I now raid casually with Fenrir on Moonguard, but I'm looking to find a permanent spot elsewhere.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am currently in a social 25 guild and am only guilded for level 25 benefits.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I hope to work on heroic progression in a friendly but work-oriented environment while continuing to learn and become better at my class. I hope to find a group that will take me through the rest of SoO and enter WoD with confidence.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

Nothing really. I do not know that I've ever been in a guild that has given me problems.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not know anyone in the guild.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I am good with utilizing any extra tools that a guild provides for raiding. Every guild with which I've raided used forums for such things as absences, guild strategy, etc. and so using one here is not an issue.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I like being part of a community and tend to be an active guild member outside of raiding. I take direction well, admit to mistakes when I make them, and work hard not to muck up the same way more than once. I'm generally friendly and easy-going,and I believe that I would make a good addition to your roster.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Either that or a dogshit

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am a 19-year old student currently attending the University of Pittsburgh. I went in with intent to study neuroscience but have since decided to pursue a degree in English literature instead, though neuroscience is still a viable graduate degree. I work for a trucking company five days a week, but my hours are early enough that I have plenty of time to raid. Outside of WoW, I try to keep up with the latest PC game crazes and have a huge affinity for Bethesda. I also drink too much coffee and smoke too much pipe tobacco.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

*This is from 5.2-5.3, but the only switches have been keybindings. My raid addons include DBM, Skada (rather than recount), and Vuhdo. I use Spartanui for my interfacce. All other addons are vanity or ease-of-life.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

*Edit to notify when reply is posted and to answer number 3

Uglychick
Admin

Re: [Wed/Thurs] Backup, Windshaper, Restoration/Feral Druid

Postby Uglychick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi Windshaper

I have copied your app into a separate section of our forum for us to have a closer look at it. If you can check back on your app for any questions we may have, it would be appreciated.

I am really keen to have a look at the logs from your upcoming raids :)

Thanks

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi Windshaper

It took me a moment to work out why your ilvl seemed lower than I was expecting from my first quick glance at your gear, but then I realised it was the rings and belt keeping it down - looks like you might have the same luck on drops as some of my characters, Ordos in particular can be stingy! I have a quick question for you regarding this: Have you considered a crafted belt and burdened timeless rings as upgrades?

Thanks!

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi Windshaper

We will be running a guild flex run Tuesday 7.15pm server time (PST apparently... US time zones, confusing!). It would be great if you were able to join us. If you think you might be available, pm me your b.tag on the forum and I will send you an invite.

Thanks

Ugly
— Marilyn Monroe

windshaper

Postby windshaper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Good afternoon,

I work in the morning (5:00 EST), so I can't log on for more than an hour or so, but I can come. The forum messaging system said that I cannot compose mail because I am too new to the website, so here's my btag: wind#1547. Let me know!

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:30 pm

I won't be online until about an hour before flex, but will add you then, so don't worry if you log on earlier and there isn't one there :)

Ugly
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:13 pm

The request will show up as Prettydemise, just to confuse things a little...
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi Windshaper

It's a shame you didn't end up making it to flex, but it looks like you may have been lucky in a heroic run instead, and possibly transferred?

It looks like you may have transferred as well, so if you can let us know if we should still be considering your app, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ugly
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”