Group 2- Crysor- Restoration Shaman

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Crysor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 2- Crysor- Restoration Shaman

Postby Crysor » Sat May 18, 2013 11:17 pm

To apply please copy and paste the application questions from this post into a new post in this sub-forum following the example given. Your post should be titled with the raid group you are applying to, the name of your character, and your class and spec. You will have to register a name on the forums before you can apply.

When answering these questions, please be mindful of your spelling and punctuation. Remember that your application will in all likelihood be our first impression of you and you won't want to look like you have a learning disability. Whole sentences, even multiple sentences, will go over much better than one word answers.

Application Questions

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Shaman: MS:Restoration, OS:Elemental
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... sor/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I tend to use www.lifeingroup5.com since it is written from the perspective of specifically a resto shaman.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I will do it if need be. I very much prefer healing since I am not nearly as good at DPSing but will do it for a fight here and there as the need arises.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I cleared all of tier 14 on normal and did 4 of the heroics in MSV. Was working on heroic Spirit Kings before I had to leave.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I don't have any achievements that would be notable.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I unfortunately do not.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Enchanting/Tailoring and yes, they are maxed. The spirit/Int enchants are great for the cloaks for healing and I like the ability to do my own enchants.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes, I am.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I am EST. The times are perfect for me. I've raided on a PST server before though I haven't created a character on your server yet.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Well I was part of the 25 man guild glory hogs and they did 25's hardcore progression and Shine on Black Dragonflight before that which did progression raiding as well. Shine disbanded and I left Glory Hogs due to my job. I work for the IRS and tax season was horribly busy this year with all the budget issues.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

No, I am not. It does still show shine but it has been disbanded.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I expect to enjoy raiding and progression while playing with some cool people.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

A guild that only has people on to raid. I play wow for the social aspects as well.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Yes. Especially when I was in Shine. They posted their strat for a fight on the website and you were expected to know the fight come raid time.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

It quite frankly meets the exact needs that I was looking for in a guild also I spent sometime in vent with some of the second group and I laughed a lot. I also like that I wouldn't be the only gay guy in guild.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Hahaha I like that.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

Well I am 26, I work for the IRS, I am a gay male living in Pittsburgh, PA. I am an avid PS3 fan and I LOVE COUGAR TOWN. ;)

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

I use grid and clique to heal as my raid frames and mouse over. I don't know how to upload a UI screenshot. I spoke with some people in vent and was advised to post without the screenshot.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Group 2- Crysor- Restoration Shaman

Postby Uglychick » Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi Crysor, we'll get back to you asap :)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Sun May 19, 2013 5:31 pm

It looks you are leaning towards a mastery build based on your reforging, but you have a lot of haste for a mastery build, with reforges out of mastery rather than haste on a few pieces, with gemming into haste rather than mastery. I am curious on your choice of higher haste on a mastery build.

I am also curious as to the talent choice of Unleashed Fury over Primal Elementalist.

Thanks

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Crysor

Postby Crysor » Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm

I typically do go for more mastery/crit than haste. My gear is like that due to my playing around seeing how feasible it was for me to hit my next haste break point of 5676 for raiding I would take it back down. Primal Elementalist is the talent I use when I raid. I use unleash when I PVP which I forgot to switch over.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon May 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi Crysor, we'd like to offer you an invite to trial.

Will need you to regem/reforge to a more optimal mastery build for raid, which you mentioned you would do, so that is fine.

As much as possible, I would like you to get into ToT LFR pre-raid, both in terms of refreshing knowledge of the encounters and for possible drops as there a significant numbers of upgrades still available to you (unless you are unlucky like my shaman *sigh*).

You can hit up any of the raiders in game for an invite, but if you can give us an idea of when you might be on server, we can try our best to have someone online for it :)
— Marilyn Monroe

Crysor

Postby Crysor » Mon May 20, 2013 8:32 pm

I will put the transfer through tomorrow when I get home from work and then run RF all day.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Tue May 21, 2013 3:18 pm

See you when you get here :)

A few of us sometimes manage to be in the same place at the same time to run ToT LFR at 7.30pm server on Tuesday (don't hold me to it if for some reason no one is on!). If you are around at that time, you'd be more than welcome to come.
— Marilyn Monroe

Volladon

Postby Volladon » Thu May 23, 2013 1:17 am

Hey Crysor,

Great job tonight! I have just a few comments based on the raid:

1) It seems like Earth Shield uptime was a little low. Most fights averages 70-80% uptime on it, one as low as ~22%
2) Fire Elemental was used once for all of the boss kills, this caused much lower empower usage
3) Earth Elemental was used much more frequently, but still room for improvement!

On a positive note, you did very well on dispelling and your healing numbers were definitely on par for your gear level!

See you tomorrow!
Vondo (bear) / Valkon (mage) / Volladon (priest heals) / Voxon (holy pally) / Voprix (ele shaman)

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Hey Crysor,

If you are still interested in sticking around, we'd like to keep you here :)

Ugly
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”