Pallykazaam - Holy Paladin - Sat/Mon run

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pallykazaam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Pallykazaam - Holy Paladin - Sat/Mon run

Postby Pallykazaam » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 am

Hi! Here is my app in response to your trade chat recruiting post.

Application Questions

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Hi Pallykazaam here! Main spec: Holy Paladin, Off-spec: Ret. I only use my off-spec to do dailies because melee dps is not really my forte.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... aam/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?
I gather info from several sources, compare them and go from there. My sources include: Icyveins, Noxxic, talking with other raiding holy pallys, premium Mr. Robot, WoW Best in Slot, Guildox and Googling specific fights looking for tips,

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.
I have dps’d with my pally in Cata so I’m willing, but I have other 90’s that, if we needed dps, would do a better job. I could learn to tank if needed, but it hasn’t been since Wotlk that I have attempted it. I am a team player, though, and would do whatever is needed to have the raid run.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.
I’ve cleared all of MV, HoF and Terrace and the first boss in ToT on this toon. Have mostly cleared those on my hunter and my priest. I’ve seen Horridon, but we never downed it as the group I was in had attendance issues happening, which caused us to fall behind. My hunter (Tanashush) has been considered my main as she was my first toon to 80, but during Wotlk this toon was my main, then it got switched to my priest (Boudiicca) because of group need. I did still raid on my hunter though (I raided 6 to 7 days weekly) During Cata, my main was my hunter (group comp again) and we went 8/8 heroic DS. I started this xpac on my hunter, but my raid group’s tank healer was MIA a lot so I switched to Pally, geared her up by myself to the level of the group as quickly as possible and have played her since. Whether you take me or not, I plan to continue on with this toon. I am focusing primarily only on this toon and my priest.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)
Not that I am aware of.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?
I wasn’t the one recording, but I think this is from the last night we all raided together in this particular group (Kpro).
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oznv ... alingDone/

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?
Jewelcrafting and mining. I chose them because I needed a JC. I would need to level another toon to have a miner, but if I switched, I would go engineering.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.
I would definitely be available for both Monday and Saturday. The only days I wouldn’t be available are Sundays and Thursdays. I have barely ever missed any days with any of the raid groups I have been in, and I know for sure I only missed two days in almost two years on this toon alone. One was to do something with my daughter and the other was Blizz’s fault. I was there, but couldn’t get in because they had the 32 bit issue going on.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?
I’m EST, and yes I know the realm is PST. I do not have lag issues.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?
I have been in CHAOS for nearly four years. I was in a couple of other guilds before that time, but it was for social reasons as I didn’t even have an 80 and didn’t even know what a raid was.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?
Yes. I spoke with two council members and told them there was a strong possibility that I would be pulling Pally out of the guild because there is no raid group for her. Raiding is my reason for playing the game. They all have toons in other guilds so it isn’t an issue.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?
Killing bosses…meeting new people and killing bosses…having fun with new people and killing bosses… and learning more stuffs.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?
I’m pretty easy going so it takes a lot to push my buttons, but I don’t like it when people forget that people new to the game may not know something and treat them poorly because of it. We were all new once.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?
I know Laelya from when she was in CHAOS. I’ve known her for a few years. We have raided together and well, who doesn’t love Laelya. I consider her a friend.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.
Yes. I like to read the forums and keep up on stuff.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose [choose] you for our guild.
Because I’m a bigger grammar nazi than you? As stated before, I’m easygoing, I love to help guildies out, I’m dedicated and loyal and respect the fact that there’s a human being behind the pixels.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?
In China, it would make a bigger sammich so they wouldn’t care what it was called.
Sorry… best I could come up with.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.
I’m a “mature-aged” single-mom who is a Legal Assistant in a mid-sized law firm. I only play WoW, and when I’m not playing WoW or working, I’m hanging out with my 20-year old daughter or out playing with one of my two horses. I started playing WoW right when Wrath was released, and it was the first of this kind of game I had ever played. Been hooked ever since. I am teachable and love to learn new things. Acquiring a position in BYTM would be an honor and would mark the next step up for me. I’m never the best-of-the-class player, but I try to improve all the time and am capable of pulling my weight. Please feel free to ask if there’s anything you would like to know, and, if you like, invite me for as a pug if you want to try me out. Thanks!

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.
I’m at work so I can’t post my UI at the moment because I wanted to get this submitted. I use the WoW default UI, and the following add-ons: DBM, Recount, Healbot, Blessed, RSA, Movable Pally Bar, Altoholic, NPCscan, CRCret and probably others I can’t think of at the moment. I would like to learn how to use WeakAuras, or something like it, but haven’t been able to get anyone to explain to me how to set it up and haven’t been able to figure it out on my own.
Last edited by Pallykazaam on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Pallykazaam - Holy Paladin - Sat/Mon run

Postby Uglychick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey Pally, thanks for your application, but more importantly, thanks for picking out the error in application questions!

If you can check back regularly in case we have any questions, I will get back to you asap.

Thanks

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Cassara

Postby Cassara » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Sits back and takes a sip of sweet tea with pinky out. Seems like a well, thought-out app.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:32 pm

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Pallykazaam

Postby Pallykazaam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi again,

A couple of things I'd like to add: I also know Tomba and Dach and have known both of them for a long time. Also, that I would be interested in the second group as well (either group, not both - read your post) if they didn't run on Thursday. I can't do Thursdays. :(

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey Pally

Hmmm Tomba and Dach... in spite of this... :P

S/M would love to have you trial with us, starting this week if you are available. I'll add you to the Calendar invites. Any of our raiders can invite to guild, so hit us up whenever you are ready.

Thanks!

Ugly
— Marilyn Monroe

Pallykazaam

Postby Pallykazaam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Yay!!

Laelya

Postby Laelya » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry for being a slowpoke on this! Pally (Tana) is a wonderful person, and definitely the most hardworking and dedicated team player I know. She is ALWAYS there to help other players, and deserves a good home for her pally.

Pallykazaam

Postby Pallykazaam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Thanks, Laelya :)

Got my invite, and I'm so excited to be here!

I can be there for Saturday.

Promisin

Postby Promisin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Hooray! Super excited - hello and welcome!

Penny :)

Return to “Guild Applications”