Group 1 - Putin - Elemental Shaman

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
putin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 - Putin - Elemental Shaman

Postby putin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I am a Elemental Shaman with an off-spec in Restoration (although I have not healed any raids thus far in MoP).
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... tin/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

Google is my friend. For class/spec info I check out Totemspot, icy-veins, mmo-champion and to a lesser extent EJ. For encounters, I check out the written strats on icy-veins, watch a few videos on youtube and google my class/spec and the encounter for tips and tricks.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I am flexible to swap between Ele and Resto, although I have not healed yet in MoP. I raided as Resto through the latter half of BC, all of Wrath and first half of Cata.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

My current progression is 6/6MV, 2/6HoF and 1/4ToES. Sadly, I got a later start in MoP while waiting for my guildies to get their act together and become 90 and raid ready.

I raided with Soldality through most of Cata and at the end we were 8/8 Heroic DS. Everyone seemed excited to hit the ground running in MoP, but it took some of our folks a long time. By November when the majority of the raid group was not leveled yet and/or MIA, I looked for a new raid group. I found what looked to be a great small 10man guild on Zul'jin and I transfered, faction changed and joined them. Unfortunately, they were having issues with attendance and after a month or so of pugging in a couple of spots, they lost a couple more raiders and the guild ceased raiding all together.

By this time Soldality finally had enough people to raid, so I transferred back to Stormrage and we raided for a few weeks. Just after the new year the GM and the RL both abruptly quit wow and the rest of the guild scattered.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

Nothing that comes to mind.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I do not have a current WoL report. I can try and join a pug and generate one this week.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

My professions are currently Leatherworking and Mining, both are maxed. Leatherworking for crafted mail pieces and the bracer embossment. Mining as a farm profession to make some gold. I've been thinking about dropping mining for Blacksmithing (2 extra gem slots).

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

I am available for the Sat/Mon group and could make 90-100% attendance. I am dependable, arrive on time, with flasks, food, repair money and a positive attitude.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I am located in North Carolina in EST and have an excellent internet connection; I am fully aware you are on a PST server. I am not expecting any considerable extra lag but will do a couple of ping tests prior to transferring if I am accepted to the guild.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?
I have been in Soldality on Stormrage, their golas were to consistently clear heroic content on a 2 night weekend schedule and have fun while doing it. I was in Casually Hardcore on Zul'jin for a short time, who had similar goals.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am currently guilded and have made the remaining members of Soldaility that I was looking for a new guild.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I hope to accomplish clearing the current and any future content with a group of players who want to and can do the same.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

People who do not show up when they say they will and who do not put in the time and effort to play their class well.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

Sadly, I do not.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Yes, I try to check guild forums a few times a week, if not daily.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I show up when I say I will. I know how to play my class well. I listen to the leadership and focus on my task/role/job. I provide quality feedback when it's asked for and keep my mouth shut when it's not.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

That would be one name for it.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am a 40+ adult male, I am unhappily married and have two terrible kids. For work, I am a Network Engineer and work from home 100%. Besides wow, I like soccer, reading, movies and the occasional RTS and puzzle game or whatever my rotten kids are playing. No, seriously, my kids are great!

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

Here is the most recent screen shot I have, it's from Nov, but not much has changed, except I got tired of that font.

I try to keep my add on's minimal and focused. Currently I use ElvUI as my base UI and it provides 90% of what I need. I also use DBM, GTFO, Clique, RSA, Skada, and a ton of Weak Aura's.

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Group 1 - Putin - Elemental Shaman

Postby Uglychick » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Thanks for you app, Putin, we will have a look at your app and get back to you asap :)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 am

Hi Putin

If you are happy to take on board a couple of thoughts/suggestions from our W/Th raid group ele shaman, we'd be happy to extend you a trial spot in the Sat/Mon group.

If you can let us know when you are likely to be able to transfer it will help us make sure someone is around who can invite you to guild :)

Thanks!

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

putin

Postby putin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello, I know it's been a couple of weeks since I app'd, I had accepted an offer from another guild that an old friend was in and it didn't work out. They had several people quit over some drama and the guild and raid group fell apart.

So I am looking for a new 10man raid spot again/still. Not sure what your current needs are, but if you could use an Elemental Shaman please keep me in mind. Also, in response to the previous comment, I am always open to feedback and criticism about my gear, spec, performance.

thank you,

Putin

Hana

Postby Hana » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 pm

We have re-opened discussion on your app. Someone should get back to you soon.
Retired GM, Vent Admin, and Lazy Moonkin

putin

Postby putin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Thank you, I appreciate you consideration.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Putin

I am not sure if we have the capacity to include another shaman at this stage, having continued recruitment over the last couple of weeks. We will need to give it some further thought, but unlike last time, it may take a little more time to give you a definite response.

Thanks

Ugly
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm

hey Putin, I have a couple of questions, will direct them to you in a pm
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”