Rogue wanting to join BYTM- Either Group

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gnorm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rogue wanting to join BYTM- Either Group

Postby gnorm » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec. My main is a gnome rogue. Obviously I will be race changing when I server swap. I am coming back from a 2 year break. I have played all spec's of rogue for given scenarios and can change per engagement if it is necassary.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ome/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ? EJ is purely for min/maxing dps. The only thing any player needs to know about their class are the target hit/expertise ratings. This can be found almost anywhere. Then from there it is just itemization. Atlas loot ingame or wowhead.com will let u pick and choose what items are from where. Then its just a grind. It's not rocket science. 99% of a dps improvement comes from awareness and knowledge of a given engagement.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.
Being rogue makes me a pure dps class. This being said, I can easily work into the rotation if a group needs a boss debuff or a tank just simply wants help grabbing adds with a trix + aoe. Responding to the fight before being told instead of waiting for someone to call it out is one of my strongest points.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.
I am currently unguilded since I am coming back from a 2 year break.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)
I don't have any major achievements. The only one is the "Hand of A'dal" title that you get for getting attuned for BT and Hyjal before they remove the requirement, but that is more or less trivial for anyone in a progression guild got it.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?
I have recount logs, but being a lvl 89 makes them almost 100% useless. I will supply upon further request.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?
I have maxed enchanting and am working on maxing engineering.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.
Sat/Mon times are ideal for me because I have a 1 y/o that I put to bed at 8. But making the raid for either group will be no issue.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?
I play in central timezone. Lag has never been an issue on any games, no matter where the server is located.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?
I was a member of Zafirah and Kinetic on my current server. Zafirah I left for a more hardcore guild- Kinetic. Kinetic I was removed after I quit the game. I quit after we had all available heroic content down and were waiting on new content.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?
I currently have no guild on my server.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?
I expect to complete available content in a reasonable manner of time. I have always been in top guilds because of my skill in whatever role I am fulfilling, and will continue to be, no matter where I choose to go.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?
The most annoying thing in a guild is people blaming others for mistakes they have clearly made. IDGAF, if you died in fire, it's your own damn fault.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?
I THINK I know the mage Colarna? Think??? How do I THINK I know him? Because I don't write stuff down. I work with A MAGE in your guild. And yes, I fail. Thank you.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.
Forums have their purpose. If it is useful, then it will be used. Otherwise, it won't be. I will be doing all my own research on any fights anyway. If something is required, then it will be done.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.
You should choose me because when the day is done, I make badass blueberry muffins. And, I am as good as it gets. Recruit me or don't. You won't believe me without seeing it yourself.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?
It would be called a mutt. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.
I am an IT professional. I am 25 and have been married for 5 years. I get along with EVERYONE and sometimes people get sun burn because my awesome needs a throat punch. My addiction to Dr. Pepper is total. Game of Thrones is the most poorly written series I have ever suffered through. I play LoL and Halo. A little bit of SC2 and Diablo 3.

Also, someone needs to help whoever wrote the "Mission Statement" with their grammar.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

This is irrelevant. I use a ton of addons, but what does that have to do with anything.... Please ask the moderator to get better questions to ask people :P

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Rogue wanting to join BYTM- Either Group

Postby Uglychick » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am

Gnorm, as a friend of Colarna, you would be welcome to join the guild as a member at any time.

Given your current gear level is obviously insufficient for raiding at this time, we aren't going to be able to evaluate you in terms of actually joining one of the raid groups until you are approaching a gear level that would be reflective of that you would need to survive effectively in a raid environment, without the healers spewing invectives at you for three hours.

If you can give us a rough idea of how long you expect it will take for you to be raid ready, we will be more than happy to revisit your application at that time.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

gnorm

Postby gnorm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 pm

ok start the official trial period... Im as gear as possible from available content.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:08 am

It is anticipated that applicants check on this thread regularly in order to answer any questions that our current raiders may have of them.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them here.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:48 am

Hi Gnorm

I have sent you a pm with regards to your trial.

Uglychick
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”