Mage looking to join BYTM - Group 1 S/M

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jayroc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mage looking to join BYTM - Group 1 S/M

Postby jayroc » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:12 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I am a main spec Arcane Mage and secondary Fire.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... c/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

For research I do not use a particular site I typically just use google and read what most sites have to say and draw my own conclusions that best fits my play style and the encounter. I use Ask Mr. Robot for reforge/regem/enchant since it is so easy and works great. I do use RAWR occasionally for upgrades but do take it lightly since it is based off theory/sims and hard to determine what it would do during an actual raid.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I am primary Arcane and have been since Wrath but also familiar with Fire and willing to switch if needed. I have not played much Frost since it hasn't really been PVE or Raid notable since MoP. I would most definatly be willing to reforge/regem and reserach Frost if that is what is need for an encounter.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

My current progression is 6/6 MV 10N and 1/6 HoF 10N all with my Mage. I know this is lacking and is the main reason I find it hard to get with great groups but I do research encounters before I enter them and believe that my schedule on a CST server has always made it hard to find those groups to progress through current content and is why I am looking at PST servers.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I defeated Yogg in 25 man Ulduar when it was current tier as well as earning the Twilight Vanquisher title around the same time. We moved onto the next tier in HOC 25 and cleared as well. (PVP fight was a nightmare)

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

This was another reason I have found it hard to get into good guilds because I never have nor has a guild of mine kept logs. Since I have been applying I installed LoggerHead to keep track of these things. I just reset Recount before opening this browser!!!!! In MV last week I did 314 million damage overall data for the raid and DPS was 80K averaged for the entire 10 man run. I am sure Elegon helped boost that DPS number ;) but I have always been a great DPS in raids as arcane.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

I am maxed JC and Ench, I chose JC for the gem bonuses and Ench for cheap enchants and the ability to make a little extra gold by DEing old gear and selling vellums. I would be willing to switch if it were absolutly neccesary but i think both are fairly raid valuable.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes, for the first week or two I may work until 9pm server time on a raid night, but if accepted I can easily change my availablity at work so that will not interfere.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

Yes, I would love to join a PTS server for the vary reason of the time difference. I ran a test on speedtest.net to a San Fransico Server and pinged at 72 ms. My internet connection is 15 mega bits.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

I was with Damage (A) Lothar-US and our goal was 25 man progression in Wrath. I left that guild because it fell apart after Cata came out and was no longer activily raiding. I joined Totally Offensive when I started playing again when MoP was released and it was 10 man progresion and fell apart when drama ensued between a few raiders and the GM.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am guilded and I wanted to apply somewhere that worked better with my schedule and where everyone pulls their equal weight in a group. I have told the guild of my intention to leave the server because I was wanting a more serious raid group that would provide more criticism to raiders who were making mistakes...
even if they are your buddy...

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I expect to raid with a group of competent adults who enjoy the game and have fun while taking encounters seriously when progressing.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

DRAMA!! It destorys a groups ability to function optimally and creates a bad atmosphere that people do not like to play in. I also do not like when people blame others for their mistakes and do not accept responsibility and correct what it is that caused the problem.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not know any of your current members but get along with just about anyone. I can always find something of interest with people and am not shy or anti-social.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

II get a lot of playstyles and ideas off of forums but don;t use them typically. If invited I would understand that it would be my resposibility to check them on a regular basis to stay up to date with the guilds ideas and as a means of communication outside of the game.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I will have good attendance and play often. If something does come up you will be notified on the forums at least 7-10 days in advance since my schedule is pretty structered. I look forward to progressing more than loot, as loot is only an ends to the mean of finishing the content before new content comes out.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Yes, because Shitbull doesn't sound as funny.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am a 25 year old male and a student a Ball State University studying Information Systems Operations Management (so much easier to say ISOM). I am also a Sergeant in the National Guard and have deployed overseas twice to Iraq and Afghanistan. My civilian job is also working with the National Guard to recruit applicants and those who vist the NG website.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

I will post a picture in a reply.

My primary add-ons are DBM, Xperl, Spartan UI, Decursive, Recount, Chatter, and Bartender 4. I have other add ons like Heal Bot etc... that I use with my Holy Pally. I have some Macros not many that help greatly like blowing Arcane Power with Alter Time for the additional six seconds of AP, stop cast macro on counterspell, Ice Block and spell steal etc...

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Mage looking to join BYTM - Group 1 S/M

Postby Uglychick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Jayroc, I have copied your app into a separate section of the forum for discussion.

Please check back regularly in case we have any questions regarding your app!

Thanks

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

jayroc

Postby jayroc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:46 am

Can't seem to get an image of UI uploaded.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 am

Your Tillers rep is lacking... I am not sure about accepting anyone who doesn't have at least a 12 plot farm!!!! Will have to discuss this inguild :P

/heartbreak
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Katalana

Postby Katalana » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 am

lol ugly....

jayroc

Postby jayroc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:51 am

Tillars Rep!!! OMG I will work on The Anglers too right away!!!! lol

Katalana

Postby Katalana » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 am

thats ok im lazy with all my reps, soon..... i might have them done :P

Return to “Guild Applications”