Laelya | Fire/Frost Mage | Group 2

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laelya
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Laelya | Fire/Frost Mage | Group 2

Postby Laelya » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:01 pm

So I'm biting the bullet and apping (since I'm being harassed daily :D )

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Right now I'm fire, but considering frost. I'm willing to swap to whatever performs best or is more beneficial to the raid. Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... lya/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

But... but... Elitist Jerks! I also check out MMO-Champion to watch the children bicker. I dig Icy Veins for ease of information too. For walkthrough videos, generally Tankspot or whatever my raid leader suggests (since they differ sometimes).

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

See above. :3

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

Cleared MV (normal) with you guys, 1.9999999/6 HoF (normal). :P

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

When I was raiding with C H A O S, we had a number of first 5 horde-side kills in ICC. I was also top dps in that group for over a year (until I switched to Dissension to raid with my boyfriend and other friends and subsequently fell off of the face of the planet raid-wise).

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

Nothing recent, but I can document fights if needed. I've been under-performing recently due to a lack of consistent raiding, but after some gearing up and fine-tuning I'll be good to go again. ;)

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

Lae is maxed enchanting/tailoring, both for the raiding bonuses.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

At this point in time, I am able to sub in consistently on Wednesdays for group 2. I'm also going to see about switching my alt (who is currently raiding on Thursdays/Sundays) to more of a fill-in for her raid if they need bodies on Sunday. I'd honestly prefer to spend the time and energy on Lae.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at prime time for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transferring, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your game play will not be lagged?

I'm in Edmonton, Alberta (eh), so I play in MST. I haven't had any server-based lag issues.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

I have toons in both C H A O S and Dissension. I was in C H A O S for a number of years, but decided to move Laelya and a couple of other toons to Dissension to raid with my boyfriend and RL friends. Unfortunately, our raid group imploded due to mismanagement, and Lae's been growing mold (ew). I have a toon in C H A O S, but she is just an alt and there to hang out with my other friends. I'm a sociable sort. :) I'd prefer to just bring Laelya over if I can, as she's really my only toon of import.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am. Our guild leaders have been pretty much MIA lately, but I will be telling them ASAP about my intentions, if I can find them online. >.<

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

Fun, friends, and f***ing stuff up. :D Don't forget about progression! I mees it so.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

Drama. I'm an easy-going sort, I show up on time, I make bad jokes, and I enjoy hard work. That being said, I'm no one's babysitter, and I will not take part in squabbles. I'm an adult, I have other things to worry about, and this is how I unwind.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

Tomba is a RL friend who I've known for years. I'm slowly and insidiously working my way into the cool kids group by teasing Irah and Cola. :3 Dach is my mount/pet/rare item farming buddy who I randomly emote at in Org.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I teach web/graphic design at a college. I'm pretty much surfing WoW-related forums all day in between lectures. ;)

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I respond really well to advice, I love progression, I'm dependable, I like bantering with other members, I like to help others out, and I have a great rack.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

*spelling Nazi twitch* Shih-Tzu!! Also, I don't know, but please take one of my 6 chinchillas (Roo, Max, Taro, Wash, Dart, and Mouse). My proposed scarf is entirely too big now.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

Let's see... I'm 26, I teach digital media at a tech college (my third year now, I started early). I love animals (I initially wanted to be a vet!), reading, music (I play piano and most woodwinds), cooking (vegetarianism FTW), design, and drinking. I'm an extremely friendly person, I have a bizarre sense of humor, and my apartment looks like it was decorated by a 12 year old Asian boy. I tend to surprise people when they find out how completely nerdtastic I am, and I'm told all the time that I don't look like a geek. I'm probably the biggest Zelda fan you know, and I play pretty much anything, either console or PC-based. My biggest nerd achievement as of this point is meeting 4/9 of the cast of Firefly (Nathan, Summer, Adam, and Jewel).

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden add-ons or key bindings which are useful for your play style, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

At work at the moment, but I can provide this as needed. As for add-ons:

- DBM
- Omen
- Bartender
- CombustionHelper
- Baggins
- SexyMap

These are my big ones. :) I don't really like to depend on add-ons, so most of them are organization-based.

Colarna

Re: Laelya | Fire/Frost Mage | Group 2

Postby Colarna » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Laelya

Postby Laelya » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

^ She knows what's up.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey Laelya

Cola is going to try to catch up with you in-game!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Colarna

Postby Colarna » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Hey laelya sorry I didnt get back sooner. Would like to extend you an invite tonight to start your trial. Hit me up when you get in game!
I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Return to “Guild Applications”