Group 2 - Delphiki - Elemental/Resto Shaman

Apply here for BYTM.
Delphiki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 2 - Delphiki - Elemental/Resto Shaman

Postby Delphiki » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I play an Elemental Shaman with an equally geared and practiced Restoration spec. I enjoy playing both roles and would do either one just as happily in a raid enviroment. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... i/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

Aside from the aforementioned EJ, I also use sites such as Icy-Veins, Ask Mr. Robot, Noxxic, and Elemental Entropy. I also occasionally read the Totem Talk blog about the Shaman class. I also watch and frequent Gamebreaker.tv and Tankspot.com for more news and videos about WoW and raiding. I use Wowhead and MMO-Champion for database or news regarding patches.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I have absolutely no problem doing this and actually would encourage my raid leader to allow me to do that when the time calls. I have previously filled the role of the 'flex' or 'third healer' and find that is a position I enjoy filling in a 10 man raid. Partially because I always have perfect attendance, and partially because I know my own abilities and can perform at the required level, even when on the fly. I would be more than happy to change specs or roles when the guild, raid, or fight required.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I have as of right now cleared every raid in the game up to MSV. I have done the Raidfinder versions of MSV and HoF, but have not had experience in those instances on Normal mode yet this expansion. I progressed Heroically in Dragon Soul, Ulduar Hard Modes, and ICC Heroic when all of those tiers were relevant.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

The only notable raid achievement I have is the Three Drake OS achievement. I got that achievement before Ulduar was released. I have since gone back and gotten a lot of the old raid achievements that I missed however. Most of the time I was simply not in a guild that could achieve those things at the time. (However I do know that I personally would have been capable of getting them)

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I do not have any current World of Log breakdowns, but I do have a screenshot of how hard I can burst on a 5 man boss over a short time frame. I am always the top dps in every 5 man I do, and I always flask and use potions/well-feds to stay ahead of the competition.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

I chose Alchemy and Herbalism for multiple reasons. First of all, I chose Alchemy so I can make my own raid consumables (Flasks/Potions) I also have cooking and fishing maxxed so I can make my own food.(Including the 300 stat food) I chose Herbalism not only because it pairs well with Alchemy, but because of the Lifeblood cooldown ability. As I am a Troll, when Berserking and Lifeblood are used together they produce a Bloodlust-like cooldown. This is a big dps boost when Bloodlust is on CD.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes, I can make 100% of the scheduled raid times for Group 2 (As well as Group 1 if it were ever needed or asked that I switch.)

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I play in the Central Standard Time zone and have been playing on Skywall since I started. I am very used to playing with Pacific server raid times, as I have always raided in that time zone. I always run between 60-85ms latency, and have the best residential internet I can buy in my area.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

The most recent raiding guild I was in was Righteous Indignation. I didn't voluntarily leave, but was kicked out when I temporarily quit the game before MoP was released. I quit for about 3 months, and was very clear and gave advanced warning that I was leaving, however I was still kicked. Their goals while I was there were to progress through raids with a small 10 man team and still maintain friendships without sacrificing ability.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am currently guilded in my own bank guild that I have alts in with a couple real life friends. I can and will leave at any time. I am the GM of that guild.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I expect to fit in and start doing my role as soon as possible, and to prove that I can achieve whatever goal is set before me. I expect to get along with most people in the raid group and guild, and to enjoy my experience with the guild for hopefully a long time.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

I get really annoyed with little kids screaming over vent or mumble. I also don't like it when people are too lazy to do well or feel that content is too easy to care, and then they get careless. That is when people start making stupid mistakes.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do know Aghast, as he used to PuG with us in Righteous Indignation when we were missing a DPS.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I have always visited guild forums and have no problems doing this now. I also am used to a system where you were required to post on the forums for absences.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

BYTM should chose me for their guild because I always do the best that I physically can. I do hours of research and practice, including Simulation Craft, Dummy Testing, and experimentation. I am the type that always wants to get the last little ounce out of their character, and I will go to whatever lengths to get that. I'm a very smart person who loves the game, and has the patience and desire to raid at the top level. I also try to think of ways and strategies to make myself and my teammates better, or to make fights easier or more fun.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

I personally would call it ugly. Just, ugly.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

First of all my name is Zack, and I am 25 years old. I live in Wisconsin and enjoy all kinds of Role-playing games. I have tried most MMOs on the market as well, and I stay up to date on gaming and MMO news. I live with and take care of my elderly Grandmother, and I also play trading card games on the weekends if I have the desire to do so. I went to the local university (UWGB) and studied history until I moved in with my grandmother to take care of her. As this isn't a constant 'job' I tend to have a lot of free time to game, and that's what I do.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

I also use Shaman Friend to help not forget my weapon enhancement, Power Auras and LUI help with totem timers and Flame Shock timer, Nug Combo Bar for Lightning Shield charges, and Miks Scrolling battle text to make sure I can tell who and what my damage or healing is doing.

I use a Naga Razor Mouse for most of my abilities and I NEVER click them on screen unless it something not tied to my rotation (Like Bloodlust) Otherwise I used my mouse to activate all of my abilities. I think the mouse has over time greatly improved my reaction time and my APM. My computer also runs the game between 50-60 FPS, so I never have frame lag issues.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my application. I sincerely hope that I can join BYTM and raid with your team. I really look forward to hearing from you!
-Zack, Delphiki-

Uglychick
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Group 2 - Delphiki - Elemental/Resto Shaman

Postby Uglychick » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi Zack/Delphiki :)

I have copied your application to another area of our forum for internal discussion. Please check back regularly as we may have questions for you as part of this process.

In fact, here is a question now... While you have app'd for Group 2 (W/Th), I am assuming this may be because that is the group that currently shows a vacancy for ranged DPS. You have also indicated availability for Group 1 (S/M). If you were to be asked to trial for Group 1 rather than Group 2, would this be an issue for you?

Thanks

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Delphiki

Postby Delphiki » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:37 pm

It would most certainly not be an issue, as I can make either group's raid time gladly. :D

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Once people have had a chance to look over your app we will get back to you, as soon as possible.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Delphiki

Postby Delphiki » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks Ugly!

I will regularly check in to stay updated :D

Fengar

Postby Fengar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 pm

He gets my vote for calling you a dog, Ugly.

Do you play on DuelingNetwork, Delphiki? (If you don't, I'll head off the question of what it is: It's an online Yugioh TCG.)
Canada sucks

Texas sucks

Delphiki

Postby Delphiki » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 pm

I do not, but I do play Legend of the Five Rings and Magic the Gathering. (As well as DnD and the L5R RPG)

Dashes

Postby Dashes » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Delphhiki! Sorry for the lack of talk going on in here. Rest assured we haven't forgotten about you. Hopefully one of us can get you an answer by tomorrow regarding your application. Thank you for your patience!

Dashes

Delphiki

Postby Delphiki » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:33 pm

No problem! I'm a very patient person :P

Dashes

Postby Dashes » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:52 am

Hi again Delphiki,

So here's the deal. At the moment Group 2 is full up on Shaman, however group 1 has a nice spot open for someone like you. You would be mainly dps with the very very rare off night that you would be asked to heal. Is this something that you would be interested in?

Return to “Guild Applications”