Elemental / Restoration Shaman - Tomba W/T Group

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tomba
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Elemental / Restoration Shaman - Tomba W/T Group

Postby Tomba » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 am

As a bit of a preface to the application I just wanted to say that back in the bygone days of Firelands I applied to BYTM on a mage alt named Boombastick. If the old app is still on your site feel free to take a look as not much has really changed with my situation. I ended up missing the boat as someone beat me to the punch as it were and snuck their app in before mine (Trixy Bastard). As much as I would like to just cross the name on my old application with a big red crayon and write Ele/Resto Shaman - Tomba on it I figure I should most likely do this dance again. I believe Uglychick and Buik were the ones who mainly commented on my previous application.

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Toon name - Tomba
Main Spec - Elemental
Off Spec - Restoration

While I have always preferred my main spec to be Elemental I have never been against throwing around the jesus-beams (chain heal for the non-shaman). I would of course be willing to go restoration/elemental instead if that was what was required for the spot that was available. The gear I most likely logged out in is my elemental gear. Currently as my focus has been five man heroic dungeons and pre-raid gearing most of my gear services both specs and is dual purpose with the exception of the trinkets and +hit items which I have heroic replacements for with spirit as an alternative. Should I be rolling main spec heals I would of course reforge,replace gem and re-enchant as with my spirit currently running at 5100 for the hit cap I fully realize that would not be enough regen in a progression raid environment. In addition to what is present I also have 3000 valor banked and the reputation requirements to snag almost any of the pieces as immediate upgrades from the Pandaria faction quartermasters.

I would be more than happy to throw on my healing set and do an additional logout for proof if people would like to have a gander.

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... mba/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I find that icy-veins has decent class guides that are fairly easy to read for the generally uninitiated. These get kept up to date on a regular basis if you just want to see the big changes that come patch to patch for your desired class or need to know certain caps or break points at a glance. For the deep down class math and theory crafting I like to frequent totemspot.com as its main contributor in Binkenstein. Bink is largely seen as the pre-eminent shaman theory crafter and has been for as long as I have been serious about raiding. I have also found helpful information on the mmo-champion.com forums in the shaman class section and they are also very useful for general issues or macro help, all that code-monkey crap.

For a more raid centric / strategy approach I enjoy the humour in the fatboss videos as well as seeing their general tactics. Again though, if a deeper look at mechanics and such are required I really like giving VOX guides on youtube a watch.

Also, just to be "THAT GUY", I totally go to EJ for all my needs. ;)

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I think I covered this previously but I think the proper response goes even deeper than the question alludes to so allow me to pontificate if you will. With the new glyph / talent system hybrids especially have seen an immense increase in their utility. while I would be more than happy to switch specs as required I would also be willing to change glyphs and talents on a per encounter basis if required. I fully understand that at times, for the good of the group, I would not be running the preferred personal set up if added raid utility or cooldowns were required to combat specific mechanics.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

Last tier the group I was running with in Dissension lost some key individuals and ended up calling it due to attendance issues before we saw the downing of 5/8 in heroic Dragon Soul. As a stop-gap to maintain my raid fix I went back to one of my old raid groups in C H A O S as a sub since they were also having attendance issues and was able to see 7/8 heroic. Currently I have cleared the trash in Moshugan and done what is available on the raid finder. I’ve been around since vanilla and raided in all tiers with the exception on vanilla. Since achievements don’t go back that far they don’t all show but my progress was there.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I think I covered this last time but I think I'm most proud of the old school pvp title I hold of Senior Sergeant. It was back when pvp was your life or you never got anywhere. Although the title is not that high I was happy to accomplish what I did with the time I was willing to invest while working and putting myself through college.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I don't have any logs available as I haven't been raiding this tier since it just opened and as such everything else would be outdated and inconsequential with the gear reset in the current expansion. I would be happy to run some 5 mans or something with some folks if you wanted to get a feel for "The Tominator". hehe - feel.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

I currently have max level skinning and leather working. This is a holdover from back in the days of Burning Crusade when the gear you crafted was all bop. If you wanted it you had to have the profession for it. If you check my armory link you will see I am currently wearing the 476 crafted mail chest and gloves which I made for myself. I also have max level fishing and a high enough cooking proficiency to make banquets.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yes these days and times coincide well with my availability as I largely nerd for a living and have a very set work schedule.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I am currently a PST raider on a PST schedule. Local west coast Canadian reporting for duty so feel free to ask me abooooot my mooooose or my toooooque. hehe - duty.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

Previously and currently a member of both C H A O S and Dissension. Dissension is actually originally a splinter guild of C H A O S. To be honest I'm not really looking to leave my guild as its full of great people and good times. Fact is they are a long ways off from having a regular raid and I'm not sure its going to actually happen there. If at all possible I would like to remain guilded in Dissension however if that's not an option I would of course switch over on this one toon. My other alts would stay guilded with their current guilds.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

Covered above - TLDR - Yes, but I want to raid!

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

Good times, progression and seeing things die on a regular basis. Fun is first on that list for a reason, if its not a good time then there is no point.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

Mostly drama. Being an officer in Dissension I dislike the need to resolve conflict between members. While I know that comes with the /O I really just wish people could grab their sack, man up and handle their own shit.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

As I previously stated I have had the pleasure of having some conversation with Uglychick and although it is stretching my memory I think at the time Buik said something about living in the same province as me?

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

Yes, I stay up to date on the forums. Being a nerd for a living I have infinite access to distracting shit I do while at work when I should actually be doing work.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

Bacon and free handies?

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Well I currently have a Cocker Spaniel / Maltese cross which I refer to as my little cock-tease so that seems like a given.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm a dude, a real mans man. I ooze macheesmo out of every orifice and sweat axe body spray. Shit, sorry, I thought this was the e-harmony section of the app. Lets just say old enough to remember Nirvana as a band and not just because Kurt Cobain blew his brains out. I like retro gaming NES style and have an on-again off-again relationship with my ps3.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

We hardly know each other and you wanna see my UI? No nudes on the first date, god damn, buy a brother dinner first.

Colarna

Re: Elemental / Restoration Shaman - Tomba W/T Group

Postby Colarna » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 am

Tomba,

thanks for applying. We have moved your app over to a private part of the forums. We like for all of our raiders to have a chance to bash you and make fun of... oh wait.. I mean to look over the app and give any input they have.

I will be on between 2-4 server time today. I'll try to contact you then. If you want, I plan on running a LFR tonight if you want to come with.

As always, check back here for any questions folks may have for you.

Thanks,

Col
I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Tomba

Postby Tomba » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 am

Good deal.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Tomba

Thanks for your app, we'd like to trial you. Hit someone up in guild for an invite.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Colarna

Postby Colarna » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Tomba,

Check your pm's and get back with me please.

thanks.
I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Return to “Guild Applications”