Group 1 Resto/Balance Druid

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Boomskillet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 Resto/Balance Druid

Postby Boomskillet » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I am a Resto Druid main, Balance Druid off(Currently Feral for questing in the PvP realm I am on due to the high number of Alliance compared to Horde). I mained Balance for 4 years but am wanting to focus on healing this expansion. I have off speced Resto my entire WoW career on my Druid and extremely comfortable with it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... let/simple

Apologies for the gear, I got a late start on MoP (left the game for personal reasons after the release of Dragon Soul). I am a grinder though and have no issues running heroics until I get the needed gear.

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

Aside from EJs, I use themoonkinrepository (http://themoonkinrepository.com/) for dpsing tips and restokin (http://www.restokin.com/) for healing tips

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I have no issues switching to what the raid/guild needs more. I have leveled every class in the game and wile Druid is the one I have the most experience with, if something else is needed to make the raid succeed I have no issue at all in filling that role

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I left WoW during the beginning stages of Dragon Soul. I was 1/8 HM Dragon Soul before I left.

During Cata, was 4/6 HM BwD, 2/5 HM BoT, 1/2 HM ToFW and 6/7 HM FL. The guild I was in at the time needed a Warrior at the beginning of Cata and then my Druid later in the expansion, I missed alot of kills on this guy in the beginning raids

During Wrath I was pretty new to the game and didn't find a true raiding guild until ICC was in full swing and got 11/12 HM (Went back and got LK kill after)

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I have never been in a guild that was capable of killing endgame content until after nerfs were put into effect. I feel like I am capable of contributing to a guild that has that type of progression in mind, just have not gotten the opportunity to be apart of one

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

It appears that most of the logs posted by the guild I was in are no longer able to be found. I did find a log of a Ragnaros fight but it is from a log time ago.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5 ... =376&e=867

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

My profession right now are Inscription and Alchemy. They are not maxed out but, as stated before, I got a late jump on the expansion and have not leveled my herb gatherer to supply mats.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

I can make both nights with no scheduled plans to miss any nights until Christmas time

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I am on the East Coast. I do understand Skywall is on the West coast but that is fine, raids ending at 2am local is no issue.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

My most recent guild is Res Ipsa Loquitur on Korgath. They are a PvP focused guild and I just want to get back to raiding and it is extremely hard getting a group for it. Most my raiding knowledge came with a guild named Nemesis (A) Bealgun. I left there because the atmosphere became extremely hostile while there was a power struggle at the top of the guild and alot of our memebers went to a rival guild. Felt it best to take a break from the drama, start over on a new realm and remeber why I loved WoW so much.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am guilded and my guild leader is aware that I would like to move to more PvE focused guild. the guild I am in now is not very aware of peoples coming and going (we +/- 2 or 3 people a day). I have been clear with my intent but don't think they really care, tbh.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I hope to become a member of a guild that is focused on the same goals I am. I know a member of BYTM, Ira (Irahhayes), and he has informed me of what a great place it is.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

DRAMA! I am so anti-drama. Guilds that bicker and talk behind each others backs then whisper other and try and get them involved, ugh. I dislike showing up for a raid I am scheduled to be apart of and we have to call it due to others not showing up. I dislike it when people don't know their class hen all it takes is an hour or so a week looking at changes.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I know Irah (Irahhayes). I met him when we both first started playing WoW 4 years ago. We were in the same guild, Goon Squad, and became friends. I have him on Real ID and he informed me I HAD to apply.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I frequent forums daily. While I don't always contribute to them, I have a job that allows for some downtime during the day and I usually take that time to read forums, read strat guides, and watch vids on fights and class tips.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.
I am a hard worker, always looking to be the best at what I do. I read alot about my class as well as tips on fights that will allow me to get the most out of my Druid.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Not sure, but it sure would be ugly

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I'm a 35 yr old Internal IT Engineer at Cisco. I enjoy working with computers but enjoy playing games on them even more. I was never really a gamer until 4-5 years ago when I was given a trial version of WoW as a gift at Christmas and never looked back.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/todci.jpg

I use clique for mouseover healing on my raid frames. DBM is a must, so it's there. Bartender for the actions bars, xperl for the unit frames and Skada to get a rough estimate of how I am doing. I have balanceofpower to track my eclipse when playing Boomkin.

Colarna

Re: Group 1 Resto/Balance Druid

Postby Colarna » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Boom,

Your app was moved to a private part of the forums. Members will discuss it and post any questions back here for you over the next few days. Feel free to get ahold of myself or dashes in game if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Col
I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Thank you for applying Boom!

I can see from your armory that you have been working on improving your gear level since submitting your app.

If we have any questions, they will be posted here, otherwise feel free to contact me (mostly on Uglychick or Bittersorrow, but if neither of those are on, just ask - it still might still be me), Dashes or Colarna (Brews), if you have any questions of your own :)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

rahael

Postby rahael » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 pm

/

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome Boom :)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”