Group 1 Priest

Apply here for BYTM.
Dach
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 Priest

Postby Dach » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

Discipline and currently have a shadow offspec, however I am open to the idea of switching specs to what would be better for the group (especially since MoP just came out it would be easy to gear for something else.)
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ach/simple

(gems and enchants are a bit sloppy since I have not been level 90 for very long.)

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

I can usually figure things with my class out, and play a priest very well. However, if I need to know something I will usually go to google and search it up or use some comments on wowhead to help.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I have been disc for all of cataclysm, however, with the changes I would be happy switching to holy or shadow. If you keep me disc I can definitely switch to shadow and play if semi-efficiently on the fights you need. I was using my shadow spec for our first warmaster kill, but since it's my offspec it won't be the best, unless you need me to go shadow mainspec!

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I was 5/8 heroic dragon soul with my group in may before we stopped, I have killed heroic madness a few times with you guys :) Have also obtained Firelord, Dragonslayer, and had every cataclysm raiding achievement there is before MoP came out.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

Not really, I obtained all of the cataclysm glory achievements along with firelord and dragonslayer, but none of that when it was current, usually 1 or 2 patches late (excluding dragon soul)

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

No =/ I don't use worldoflogs and I don't have any recount screenshots. I consistently had the best healing in my group while we were progressing through dragon soul, but no proof unless you wanted me to get somebody to tell you.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

I am an enchanter and engineering, 600 both specs, I chose enchanting because there are a lot of old recipes to farm for it and you can also make a decent amount of gold. I chose engineering, honestly, because the tinkers are so cool. I think you get the most out of engineering because you get the profession buff, but you can still have some fun with the old items (not to mention the epic goggles are a really nice way to start out raiding each expansion!)

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

Yup! I will be able to make any nights usually and if I am going to have to miss a day or two I will make sure to let you know a week or more before, unless it's a huge emergency.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

Yes, I live in nevada and am on the same time zone, I should have no trouble making the times.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

The only real raiding guild I have been in was Damage Incorporated. I had some issues with a few people and have talked to Becca more about it.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am currently guilded with you guys (lol) And yes Becca knows that I'm applying!

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I expect to have some fun with my friends while raiding!

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

It annoys me when people come unprepared and ignorant of their class and goal in the raid. I don't mind wiping to get there but I don't like it when people take the time away from other people because they didn't do their research.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I know a lot of people here! I have Uglychick, Meleva, Bopsy, Dashes, Lotheovian, Irah, and Chilnah on my Real ID and have met lots of new people being here.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I don't usually use the forums unless I am very bored, however, if you need me to look at a certain strategy on here I will be more than happy to come on and look at anything.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

You should choose me because I am a very reliable and knowledgeable discipline priest. You can expect me to know how to play my class and be raid aware, while still having a fun attitude.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

It would be called Lotheovian.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I am a student and I only play WoW!

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

Well, I haven't set up my UI yet since it's so early in the expansion, however, It usually consists of 9 power auras in the upper right hand corner of my screen and healbot to the lower right, I also use DBM but that's about it as far as the addons I would use for raiding goes. If you have any suggestions or would like me to get something let me know :)

Uglychick
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Group 1 Priest

Postby Uglychick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for your app, Dach!

Will copy it over to our trial tracking section for comment and get back to you as soon as possible :)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Colarna

Postby Colarna » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Denied...... :)
I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:27 pm

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Buik
Admin

Postby Buik » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:59 am

No... it just means Cola isn't afraid to stab you in the back and look you in the eyes at the same time. Nice fellow. :mrgreen:

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:10 pm

lol @ Buik
— Marilyn Monroe

Colarna

Postby Colarna » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm a wizard, Bitch.

Volladon

Postby Volladon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Agreed. He's been super friendly so far.
Vondo (bear) / Valkon (mage) / Volladon (priest heals) / Voxon (holy pally) / Voprix (ele shaman)

Buik
Admin

Postby Buik » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Come on Cola - I don't just throw around the green smiley lightly. That thing is srz bznz!

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:04 am

Trial underway!
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”