Group 1 Warlock!

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Meleva
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 Warlock!

Postby Meleva » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.
Warlock...The main spec that I like to play is destro. I can play affliction and demo as well. I pretty much hate demo though and only play it when fights really call for it.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... eva/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?
I am not really big on using websites to learn how to play my class. I usually just like to try things out and see what works best. As far as EJ goes..it makes me want to cry. So much useless info on there to get to anything that is worth reading.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.
I am always willing to switch to whatever spec works best for the fight. ;) Have to be a team player even if I hate demo :P

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.
I didn't raid this tier as progression seeing as how I took some time away from raiding. I am 5/8H and 8/8reg.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)
I am a Herald of the Titan, got the title before cata launched. Got Dragonslayer on 6/7/11 when it was still a progression fight. Also got Of the Four Winds title 8/11/11.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?
Seeing as how I haven't raided with a guild in a while, I don't.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?
I have alchemy and tailoring, both of which are maxxed. I liked alchemy for the extra flask benefits and tailoring for the cloak enchant!

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.
I am very avaliable for the raid times! =)

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?
I am in central timezone. I'm aware that it's a PST server and that's what I liked about it. I work until 9 my time some nights and it's hard to find late night guilds...So the timing just works out well for me on an PST server! =)

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?
Midnight Mercs - It was a 10 man progression guild. I was the GM. We were 11/12H in icc when the guild decided to break apart due to many people having real life issues.
Archon - It was 25 man progression guild I decided to apply to after my guild fell apart. We were 11/12H ICC. I raided with them until Cata launched when I went horde.
Onslaught-A 25 man progression guild. It was the number one guild on Trollbane, and a us Top 100 guild. They were very progression minded. I raided with them until I decided to take a break from the game oct 2011.
I came back to the game to find that Onslaught had died. =(

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?
:P I'm currently guilded with you guys! I came over not expecting to be able to raid but I was able to change my work schedule to allow me to raid! Yay!

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?
I hope to accomplish end game raiding with people that enjoy the game as much as I do, but don't stress to the point that they make the game unfun!

13) What really annoys you in a guild?
I'd have to say that people that don't show up for raid really annoy me because they have 9 other people counting on them to be there! I also don't really like mean people. They scare me. :P

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?
I know Amithelad, he's my boyfriend.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.
I would regularly visit the forums for strategies and what not. That's how all my old guilds have been so I'm used to it. =)

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.
I am a very dedicated raider and will rise to any challenge the game throws at me, I have lots of end game experience and am hoping to return to the game with players of high caliber.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?
I'd call it adorable ;)

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.
My name is Melissa! I live in STL. I have been a make-up artist at Sephora for the last six years. I am silly passionate about it. I love my job dearly. I have a mild obsession with the color pink. As far as other games, I haven't really played much lately. But I'm a big Halo fan. I can't wait for the new one! Oblivion/Skyrim make me happy as well.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... 16b837.jpg

Uglychick
Admin

Re: Group 1 Warlock!

Postby Uglychick » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Hey there :)

I have copied your app over to our trial tracking thread to give people a chance to look it over and discuss anything that comes up.

Check back regularly in case we have any questions for you, although I will probably follow up anything requiring a short answer in game.

Thanks for applying!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Fengar

Postby Fengar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Demo > all.
Canada sucks

Texas sucks

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Welcome to the S/M group Mel, looking forward to raiding with you in MoP!
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”