Group 1 - Prot/Holy Paladin

Apply here for BYTM.
Amithelad
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 - Prot/Holy Paladin

Postby Amithelad » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.

I main spec a prot paladin, with a holy off-spec that I do everything possible to keep current.

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... d/advanced

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?

Personally I am not a fan of EJ because you have to weed through 300 posts of garbage to get a decent nugget or two. I prefer to use trial and error with different abilities in 5 mans to decide which are best, also because Blizzard puts such a large tooltip for every ability now. If I get stuck my preferred website is Noxxic.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.

I play prot and holy, and am completely willing to play either at any time. I have never been a fan of melee dps so I haven't tried to play ret since tinkering around on Archimonde, so it would not be the best move but I'd give it an effort if absolutely needed.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.

I am currently 5/8 H DS and 8/8 Normal with 6/7 H FL.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)

I have Kael'thas and Lady Vashj kills before they were skippable as well as the entire BT quest opening chain. Also have the Immortal albeit after they removed the proto drakes, Bane pre 4.0.1 and LoD at 30%.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?

I do not have any WoL, WWS, or Recount from any time recently, but I am more than willing to run some 5 mans or previous tier raids with the guild for a performance evaluation.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?

My professions are Blacksmithing and Enchanting. I have had these same ones since BC and for tanking they have proven to be the most useful. I originally got Enchanting for the 24 spell power to rings since I solo tanked the Mount Hyjal trash. I had Blacksmithing for the armorsmithing chest in BC, but kept it as time went on because the bonus sockets give me the most versatility in which stats I need as a tank, from stamina to avoidance, as well as the option for a socket bonus without losing too many other stats.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.

When progression raiding I maintain at least a 95% attendance rating, I rarely miss a raid except in case of an emergency.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I live in Washington, so PST, and my ping is 60 home and 64 world on Skywall.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

The guilds I've been in have all been raiding focused. Starting in early BC, I joined <The Forgotten> at the start of SSC. I raided with them throughout all of BC and into WotLK until we got to HLK. We were on the server Trollbane, which was low pop at the time, and we were having trouble recruiting for HLK attempts, at which point the officers and GM decided to transfer the guild to Stormrage for a larger recruiting pool. I did not want to transfer so at that point I left the guild, and was recruited to <Onslaught>, the number one guild on Trollbane. I raided with them and killed HLK at 30% and into Cata. Spring 2012 the officers and GM got burnt out and quit, and the people that took over tried to make a 25 man raid with only 18-22 people and it killed the guild. I stayed and pugged here and there for a while until my girlfriend and I decided to transfer to Stormreaved to play with one of our good friends that left. I joined <Peachy Keen> as a friend and family, and that is where I'm currently at.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?

I am guilded in <Peachy Keen> and as an FnF I have not told the GM of my intention to leave as I do not matter to the raid group, but I have told my friend my intentions.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?

I hope to accomplish end game raiding with a group of like minded individuals that want to work at our own pace to reach the end goal. I like the 2 night schedule as well as the hours, and want to help progression deep into MoP.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?

Drama and angry individuals. I tend to be a smart-aleck at times, as well as not a fan of yelling for any reason, so I tend to poke the bear in the nose so to say with people like that unless I need to keep my mouth shut.

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?

I do not know any current or former members.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.

I regularly check guild forums, but do not post too often. I will post any absences as far in advance as possible, and my two cents on new strats as needed, but I try to leave that to guild leadership.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

I am a highly competitive raider with lots of end-game experience going over a lot of years. I focus during raid and am relaxed outside of raid to enjoy the game. Raiding hours are serious but the rest is to be the game. I played this same pally as holy in Vanilla, went prot in BC and have stayed with it ever since. I know my clase and both roles as needed.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Appreciate the Dumb and Dumber reference, and I might name it that, but that means I'd have to give up my Husky and Lab(Which would be named a Hub), and that shouldn't happen!

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

My name is Matt and I'm an Economics major at Eastern Washington University. I'm 24 years old and spent 6 years in the Air Force as a Loadmaster before college, where I got a chance to see the world as well as pay for college. I've been playing several kinds of video games for quite some time, I have all of the Madden series from 2000 on the N64 to 2013 on the PS3. I also play MLB 2012 and Skyrim/Oblivion on the PS3, and dabble a little in Call of Duty on the Xbox, but not much. On the computer besides WoW I play Civilization 3-5, any of the Total War series, and Stronghold Kingdoms, which is still in beta testing.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd31 ... 215601.jpg

I use Xperl for party and raid frames, the party right below my character, and raid frames in the lower left corner with Omen in the lower right. I do not have recount, and MSBT for damage/healing wrapped around my character. I also use TidyPlates for enemy nameplates. The cheap shot icon for number 7 is an interrupt macro that casts rebuke and says "Interrupted" in /say for interrupt rotation ease.

Uglychick
Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Group 1 - Prot/Holy Paladin

Postby Uglychick » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi Amithelad/Matt

I have moved your app over to a private part of the forums. We like for all of our raiders to look over and comment on your app. Check back often we will post any questions we may have for you.

Thanks,

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Amithelad

Postby Amithelad » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 am

Sounds like a plan. Will do.

Buik
Admin

Postby Buik » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm

We were full up on Matts - but we have a significant number of outgoing Matts. You're lucky.

Amithelad

Postby Amithelad » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Sometimes Lady Luck smiles upon us, but its not a new thing to me. I graduated in a class of 30 with 4 Matts.

zangbus

Postby zangbus » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:51 pm

Where in Washington?

Amithelad

Postby Amithelad » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Spokane Valley, east side almost into Idaho.

zangbus

Postby zangbus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 am

Ugh too far. I am just north of Everett.

Amithelad

Postby Amithelad » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:11 am

I was based out of McChord from 06-12, lived in the Federal Way area.

Uglychick
Admin

Postby Uglychick » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi there, I have sent you through a pm here on the guild forum. If you have any questions about it, let me know!

Ugly
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

Return to “Guild Applications”