Group 1 or 2 - Fusion - Retribution Paladin

Apply here for BYTM.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fusionlol
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Group 1 or 2 - Fusion - Retribution Paladin

Postby Fusionlol » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:23 pm

1) Please tell us your class and main spec (including any off-spec information you find relevant) and provide a link to the armory of the character that you are applying with. Be sure log out in the appropriate gear/spec.
I play an 85 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin. My off spec is currently right now Holy, which I do know how to play exceptionally well; I just lack the current content gear to raid full time Holy. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ion/simple

2) When you want to research your spec/gear so you can tank/heal/dps better where do you go to get this information? Nearly everyone says EJ, so impress us. Where do you go for your information besides EJ?
Normally when I want to find out about certain specs and gear, I ask guildies what they know of the class and if anyone would be willing to help me with it. Especially if they play the class themselves. EJ is okay, but when it comes to certain classes I prefer to go to other well known websites that specifically target the class for example Warcraft Hunter’s Union made just for hunters.

3) How willing are you to switch roles (tank to dps, dps to healer, etc.) if your class allows for it? Are you willing to switch specs for specific fights (e.g. a mage going frost for add kiting on Nef)? Note: If you were recruited as dps we will understand if you do not want to be a permanent tank/healer, but it's good to know if we can hot-swap you if someone's absent that day.
I’d be willing to switch to any spec for my guild or the current raid. Gear really isn’t a huge issue for me, if I can’t roll on certain stuff because I’m a certain spec in the current raid, no biggie. I enjoy all branches of my class and being a hybrid, I don’t mind being expected to play a different spec if it will help us progress.

4) What is your current raid progression? If it is different from the character you are applying with, also tell us why you are switching mains.
My current raid progression is 6/8 H DS. It would’ve been 7/8, however we lacked the dps in my current guild to down the last burning tendon on spine.

5) Do you have any notable achievements when raiding previous tiers? (e.g. Killing Kael'thas in TK before he was skippable, Bane of the Fallen King before 4.0.1, etc.)
Yes, I have a lot of them and you can see them on my achievement page on WoW armory.

6) Do you have any World of Logs reports or Recount breakdown screenshots you could link or post so we can get a feel for your performance?
Currently I do not, I just reinstalled the game and my screenshots have disappeared. I also haven’t raided since the release of Diablo III, although I would happily go into a pug DS and screenshot what I can do.

7) What are your professions, are they maxed, and why did you choose these? If they are gathering professions would you be willing to switch to a more raid viable profession?
I have enchanting maxed for the ring enchants, and jewelcrafting maxed for JC only gems and I would like to not have to buy my own gems.

8) Are you available to make both scheduled raid days for the group you are applying to (Sat/Mon for Group 1, Wed/Thursday for Group 2)? Obviously things come up, we understand that. We have a 75% attendance policy. However we are looking for dependable raiders.
Yes I am.

9) In which timezone do you play? Are you aware that we are a Pacific Time (PST) server and schedule our events at primetime for our server (usually starting around 7-8 p.m.)? If you are transfering, have you tested that you have adequate ping to our server (located in California) that your gameplay will not be lagged?

I play in EST. And I have played on PST before, I don’t have any issues with lag at all, I never have. So I do not see any issues there.

10) What other guilds have you been a part of and what were their primary goals? Why did you choose to leave your former guilds?

There are only 3 major raiding guilds I’ve ever been in. The first one was Monolith US Horde Llane, I was in that guild for quite some time. They are the top guild on Llane, and raiding is all they care about. I left because the raiding turned more into a job then actually having fun. I ended up getting burnt out from the PVE aspect of World of Warcraft. The guild still exists today and is currently recruiting more people for MoP.

The second guild I’ve been in was Malicious US Alliance The Venture Co. Their goal in mind was to progress and finally down Heroic Rag 10 man, which they weren’t able to down after the nerf. I left this guild because I had two major surgeries and a cancer scare that left me unable to even leave my bed for quite some time. Everyone in the guild understood why I had to take a break from the game and there were no issues.

The third guild I’m currently in as I write this application is dead. They have all stopped playing since Diablo 3 has been released and have no intentions of attempting to keep their members or recruit for the upcoming expansion. Although in this guild I have been able to progress with current content, and the 10m group the guild did have was server first Heroic DW, however they have yet to live up to their 10man group since many of their raiders quit after they got the title.

11) Are you currently guilded, and if so, have you informed your current guild leader that you are applying with us?
Yes, I am currently guildied, and no I have not informed my guild leader that I am applying with you because he fails to log on at all, along with the rest of the 95% of the guild.

12) What do you expect to accomplish with Be Your True Mind?
Honestly, the only thing I expect to accomplish is enjoyment out of the game with people that have the same goal in mind. I don’t pay $15/mo to stress out over this game. If we progress as a guild, that’s great. If we just casually raid every now and then and have some fun Rbgs in the process I’m okay with that too. Finally clearing DS heroic is a goal I do have for myself and I’m confident that Be Your True Mind can help achieve that.

13) What really annoys you in a guild?
I would have to say nobody showing up for raid even though they signed up to go. :P

14) Do you know any of our members? If so, how do you know them?
No I don’t.

15) Are you the type to regularly visit your guild's forums? Note: We often post strategies on the forums and require that any absences be posted in advance. If you're forum-phobic this isn't a good guild for you to raid with.
Yes, if there is a guild website, I’m actively on it.

16) Give us a few reasons why we should chose you for our guild.

Well, I’ve been playing this game since Beta. I have a lot of experience, not just raiding and raid leading but just in general game experience. I can carry my own weight and don’t expect people to carry me. And if there is an issue with anything about my class and I’m doing something wrong, I can take criticism and be willing to correct whatever it is. I love helping others out, especially when it comes to Paladins, because I’ve been playing it for so long. And I can pull great dps which is what you guys need.

17) If you mated a bulldog and a shitsu, would it be called a bullshit?

Haha very funny. More like Bulldog Shi Tzu Mix. Or simply a mutt. But if you want to be a douche about it, yes. Yes it would.

18) Please take a few sentences to tell us about yourself; how old you are, what you do for a living or what you study, what other games you might play, etc.

I’m 19 years old going 20 in a few months. I’m a girl, some guys in WoW have issues with that but might as well get that out there now. I’m a med student in college, and I’m still recovering from a surgery that I had in beginning of May. I play a lot of MMOrpgs, and games like League of Legends.

19) Finally, please post a screenshot of your UI so we can see what it looks like. You can list any hidden addons or keybindings which are useful for your playstyle, particularly if they're hidden and not immediately obvious from the screenshot.
Some addons are hidden in this screenshot. I do use xperl, grid, and prat.
Last edited by Fusionlol on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hana

Re: Group 1 or 2 - Fusion - Retribution Paladin

Postby Hana » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello Fusion,

I've copied your application to another part of our website for evaluation by the other raiders. Can you please add an armory link to the first question on your app? That will make it easy for everyone to check your gear/experience.
Retired GM, Vent Admin, and Lazy Moonkin

Fusionlol

Postby Fusionlol » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Done.

Hana

Postby Hana » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:46 pm

Thank you. We will reach a decision in a day or two. If we have any questions in the meantime, we will post them here. :)

Fengar

Postby Fengar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:28 pm

It sounds like you are, but are you planning on continuing in MoP? It won't affect your chances of getting accepted either way, we're just trying to get a head count of who will be continuing after Cata.
Canada sucks

Texas sucks

Hana

Postby Hana » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Hello Fusion,

Another question for you. :) How strong is your current holy off-spec set? Is it suitable for heroics or does it need a lot of work? The opening is definitely for ret, but our current holy paladin is out of town and if you are geared enough to heal, it is possible we may want you to heal this coming lockout.

Fusionlol

Postby Fusionlol » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 am

I will be continuing to play WoW after the MoP release. Unfortunately my holy set needs A LOT of work because I would never be able to get holy gear for off spec.

Hana

Postby Hana » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 am

Hello Fusion,

You are cleared for transfer. :) The weak holy set is a bit of a bummer, but we should be able to work around that.

Please review the guild rules if you have not already, to make sure you understand call time and how loot works. You will be in Group 1 so you'll be raiding 8-11pm server (Pacific time) Monday and Saturday. Please be available for this week's lockout.

When you arrive, anyone on the Saturday/Monday raid team can extend you an invite. If you need a few days to "pack up" from your current server just let us know when you expect to arrive.

Also, if you have any questions for us we'd be happy to answer.

Hana
GM of BYTM

Fusionlol

Postby Fusionlol » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 am

Thank you for accepting me! I will be able to transfer in one or two days after I get some things settled and make sure I have everything I need.

Return to “Guild Applications”